No announcement yet.

Cooking Tips and Tricks Megathread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love me some brisket, but that's like 3 bags of lump charcoal and 12 splits of wood. To say nothing of the time involved. Logistically tricky, to say the least.
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Yes but it tastes like the sweet nectar of the old gods on a beautiful spring day.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post

EDIT: Most recipes seem to say between 11-12 hrs @ 225. remember slow & low

CAME.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Yeah, I imagine it's a two shotter. Once when rubbing on all that seasoning. *SPLOOGE* and again when eating it *MEGASPLOOGE*
          "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I NEED HELP FOOLS.

Making my pulled pork like usual but this time I have to bring it to work. I need to know how to proper re-heat the bitch without it drying out and with no access to an oven. I do have a crockpot, but I just need to know some suggestions. I figured I'd pop the pork in the crockpot in the morning on low heat but I'm worried about it drying out. Would a bit of apple juice work? If so, how much? I've never re-heated my pork this way and want to make sure it's not tough. Suggestions needed!
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

If you do the true Carolina sauce, then use hard cider. Just enough to make it moist looking. You know, like how yo momma gets when she sees me.

Keep adding the cider as needed to keep it moist.
              Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

And talk nice to it.

Comment

My pork is a dry rub pork. So no sauce. Would the cider/juice still be an option?

Comment

or would I be better with a bit of broth of some kind?

Comment

• I usually cook first, then bring it after it's been pulled. In that state, the sauce, no matter which one you have, is the one doing the moisturizing. If you want to maximize moisture, a common trick is watching the Monica Bellucci part of Brotherhood of the Wolf and Dobermann while re-heating it.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Hump it. At work.
                        "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
                        - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
                        http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
                        http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

• the idea is to cook it tonight, pull it, throw it in the fridge and bring it to work tomorrow. Hence my questions about re-heating it in a slowcooker. I never re-heat it this way.

Comment

• Well, when you re-heat something, moisture control is key, hance low and slow is best. and the slow cooker is ALL about mositure control ,so it should work if you have a bit of liquid in it, be it the sauce OR another braising liquid that won't fuck up you meat/sauce interaction.

Comment

• would you use apple juice or a bit of broth? I'm concerned about the juice only because I've never used it and broth may be a bit too salty. I just really don't want to fuck this up. haha

Comment

• Most broth that aren't concentrate aren't salty. If not, dillute the broth in water or juice or beer.

Comment

Working...
                                X