Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xbox live & PSN & Wii & Steam username/long ass stupid number thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was playing with that last night actually (connecting the PSP to the PS3). Surprisingly easy to transfer files. Have not looked at PS1 games yet......
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• I would go by consoles sold. Userbase on the 360 has and will always be high because of the system's history, i.e. it's been out longer and cheaper than the PS3. Consoles sold gives you a better idea of whether the PS3 is gaining ground.
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
        Hey Josh. I've got some kool-aid for you right here. It's REAL good. Promise.

Side note: Downloading games on the PS3 was faster/easier than on the 360 too. Granted, that's totally a personal opinion.
        Don't get all buttered because you think Sony will make all it's issues magically go away. The system is sexy, it also has its issues. 360's red ring and charge you for live, PS3's online service needs work as does its chat functionality among other things.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Yeah, but like I had said, how many people are buying the PS3 to game as opposed to just watch flicks?
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
            Don't get all buttered because you think Sony will make all it's issues magically go away. The system is sexy, it also has its issues. 360's red ring and charge you for live, PS3's online service needs work as does its chat functionality among other things.
            Oh I'm not buttered at all. Far from it. Although, I do enjoy buttering someone else up.

In the best of both worlds we could merge the 2 consoles together for a perfect kick-ass console. As is, I'll satisfy my console lust with the PS3. The 360 just cheated on me way too often (and kept the damn ring).
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• And while Sony is looking to upgrade their PSN service, I really don't think Sony will get the upper hand. One of their biggest selling points (FFXIII) is not exclusive anymore. And it really boils down to "who can do motion capture better". Sony might have the upper hand with that because reports of Natal lags might deter people to grab that immediately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                Yeah, but like I had said, how many people are buying the PS3 to game as opposed to just watch flicks?
                Well PS3 is no longer the best cheap Blu-Ray player. It's just now the best solution to a home entertaiment system.

Comment

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                  And while Sony is looking to upgrade their PSN service, I really don't think Sony will get the upper hand. One of their biggest selling points (FFXIII) is not exclusive anymore. And it really boils down to "who can do motion capture better". Sony might have the upper hand with that because reports of Natal lags might deter people to grab that immediately.
                  Now see this is where I am basing my bet on. Sony sees that Microsoft has built upon their XBox base with the 360. Sony also sees that they are lagging on the PS3 sales, as compared with the PS2. You aren't going to increase the base on the hardware (it's pretty damn sexy already) so you're going to have to increase elsewhere. Online functionality seems (to me) to the best bet.

I could be completely off-base but I don't think so.

Comment

• I'd kill for Sony to one-up Microsoft. I just don't see it happening.
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Also, according to Kotaku via NPD in the month of November, the PS3 was gaining more ground through games that weren't even console exclusives.

Comment

• Problem is Sony has not shown that they "get" online gaming yet. I'd love it if they did b/c it'd force MS & nintendo to tighten up some things. MS should work on not dying all the time and Nintendo really shoul move on to HD and make online not like pulling teeth. I just don't have faith in Sony to change or fix things when they've shown in the past that they're content.
                        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Just go by total "Playstation" hardware sold, Howard. That should secure you a win. Or at least keep it close.
                          "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

• At some point, Sony has to get "it," or they are going to go the way of Nintendo (i.e. specialty console). Speaking from a business standpoint, the big boys at Sony have to be looking at the long view (especially in the wake of Microsoft gaining so much ground). Online functionality is the long view. Maybe it won't happen this year but I think it will happen eventually.

Comment

• Hahaha. If it was just based on the "PlayStation" brand and against Microsoft's consoles, Sony would win by ten fold.

Comment

• Well yeah, but it's PS3 vs. 360. As a gamer, you only win by having both.

Comment

Working...
                                X