No announcement yet.

Star Trek Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt, did you get a chance to try it out? I want more thoughts about this game.
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

This game needs to only be in space. And free.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

So, I take it you like the ship controls?

Comment

Hey, Nerdious. I tried downloading it but it kept timing out on me. I gave up after a bunch of false starts on it, and all of the negative crap that I've read about it on the other site has convinced me that I haven't really missed anything.

Thank you very much for the key, though. That was really cool of you.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Yeah, it's fun and reminds me of EVE but in a setting I enjoy more. It's just too bad that the groundplay sucks.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
              Hey, Nerdious. I tried downloading it but it kept timing out on me. I gave up after a bunch of false starts on it, and all of the negative crap that I've read about it on the other site has convinced me that I haven't really missed anything.

Thank you very much for the key, though. That was really cool of you.
              If you really want the game and have it work, torrent the client from the main site. That's what I did and I had it in less than 6 hours after 3-4 fuckups from other files.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                Yeah, it's fun and reminds me of EVE but in a setting I enjoy more. It's just too bad that the groundplay sucks.
                Everything that I've read about the game states that anything non-space related SUCKS in a major way. Seriously, I've read a ton of TOXIC reviews for the beta so far.
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Sorry to hear that Matt. And it was no worries. I have accounts with a shit load of gaming websites when there's a key I want. Hahaha.

Ugh. I couldn't even deal with EVE. But I guess I could try it again if the controls are the same. Is there ground play in EVE?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                    If you really want the game and have it work, torrent the client from the main site. That's what I did and I had it in less than 6 hours after 3-4 fuckups from other files.
                    I didn't realize that a torrent was available on the main site...good to know. maybe I'll set it up to d/l overnight.

Comment

• There is no ground play in EVE and that game (while is fucking fantastic from a developer point of view) is a bit too stale as you need to make the content yourself essentially. But EVE still has some of the best ship fighting ever on higher levels. I really dug that game back in the day

Comment

• Weird. I didn't have any qualms about the ground play. But they made that shit stupid easy. If you're on a "stay alive till so-and-so time" mission, and die, you can just respawn and allow the timer to end and finish the quest.

Comment

• I just thought it was dumb. This game could have been great if it wasn't an MMO.

Comment

• How so? You barely have to deal with others on ground. Sure, the missions are easy, but at least it's not frustrating.

Comment

• Just seemed to be like every other MMO. At least the space stuff was interesting and had tactics involved.

Comment

• a 'Dragon Age: Origins' type game with a Star Trek theme to it would be great. Create your character as a young officer on a starship, forming parties with other people who match your technical needs for 'away' missions. Essentially, SW:KOTOR all over again.

Comment

Working...
                                X