Brian Keene: The next Stephen King?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The redesign killed it as well.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

NEVAR 4GET!
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I will say that you tried rather valiantly to revive the CC. Some really great questions asked about the horror genre (and some great discussions too). Better support from the big man would have made all the difference (IMO). Sad.
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Who reviewed the Friday the 13th books?
          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
            Who reviewed the Friday the 13th books?
            [Timidly Raises hand]

I got a better recaction from that review than any of the others I did (I think I did around 15). It got lost in the 08 revamp, I think. At least, I've never been able to find it. Now THAT'S a damn shame.
            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

I think I commented on that one before the revamp deleted a bunch of my posts. Hope someone can find the review, I really remember digging it.

Comment

Ha! I found this pm that you sent me back in 2007!:

Thanks very much. It's nice to know the time I spend on this stuff is appreciated. Alex is sending me another package of stuff to review. We can only hope some of it is as "good" as this last one was.

All teh best,

Scott/Iggy

Comment

Shit like that, & Howard's "Valiant" comment, warm my little mechanical heart.
                  I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

Glad to have the Iggy on board. At least I can follow what's coming up book-wise.

And Ari, what was your name over there?
                    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Ari! I believe?

Comment

Yeah, regular Ari was already taken. I haven't posted in a while though.

Comment

Just grabbed his new one 'Darkness on the Edge of Town". Hopefully have this done by the end of the week. Can't wait. I still really dug Urban Gothic.

Comment

Can someone recommend me something good to read that's slightly fucked up? Something in the vein of American Psycho but with less consumer references? I like reading fucked up shit. I also like to read "action-y" type shit like the Bourne books. I guess I read shit but I likes what I likes.
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                              Just grabbed his new one 'Darkness on the Edge of Town". Hopefully have this done by the end of the week. Can't wait. I still really dug Urban Gothic.

So far this seems like his version of The Mist crossed with The Crazies. This is not a bad thing.

Comment

Nice! It one I look forward to. Is it a novella or a regular book?
                                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Working...
                                X