Good Omens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Omens

Was reading an article today about Terry Pratchett and his battle with Alzheimers and it got me thinking about his book, Good Omens which was written by him and Neil Gaiman of Sandman fame.

From Amazon:
    The world will end on Saturday. Next Saturday. Just before dinner, according to The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch, the world's only completely accurate book of prophecies written in 1655. The armies of Good and Evil are amassing and everything appears to be going according to Divine Plan. Except that a somewhat fussy angel and a fast-living demon are not actually looking forward to the coming Rapture. And someone seems to have misplaced the Antichrist.
    Now I know some people aren't huge fans of Terry (which I just don't get), but if you haven't read this book, you need to as soon as possible. It's fucking hilarious, awesome, and engaging at the same time. Peppered with humorous footnotes throughout, it reminded me a bit of Hitchhikers Guide in that sense. There has been talk of a movie being made from it for years now, but I honestly don't think a movie could do it justice.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson
Working...
X