500 Favorite Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

27. Blue Bell Ice Cream

Texas born and bred, but now available in many states across the nation. And if not, you can have it packed in dry ice and sent to your home. I've read in many discussion on the greatness of Blue Bell that someone not raised on Blue Bell might have a hard time getting used to the flavor. I have no idea why that is, but I try to never touch another ice cream. Ben & Jerry's, Dryers, blah blah blahbiddy blah. Blue Bell is where it's at.

Oh, but what flavor? Take your pick. I've never had one that I didn't take at least a second or third bite of. And once a year they will make a few special flavors for a couple months, and depending on how well they do keep them in rotation. I want to say there are 15 flavors they have available year long, with more available at the creamery in Brenham if you want to venture out there. My favorite limited flavor was the Chocolate Decadence. Dutch chocolate filled with fudge, chocolate syrup, chocolate chips, and white chocolate shavings. They've only made it once. I still hold out hope.

Comment

I remember Blue Bell from my Houston, TX days. It was very, very good.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

There is a monthly newsletter which details which flavors are rotating. Yes, I get the monthly newsletter.

September's new flavor?

Caramel Turtle Cheesecake Ice Cream.
        Our latest creation combines a luscious cheesecake ice cream with chocolate-coated caramel turtles, roasted pecans, and cheesecake pieces with a chocolate cookie crust all surrounded by a smooth caramel sauce.

Caramel Kettle Crunch - Gold Rim
        A tasty combination of creamy vanilla ice cream with crunchy caramel-coated popcorn and a smooth caramel sauce.
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Holy shit I miss Blue Bell ice cream.
          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

All my choices are going to be Jake going "OMFG I MISS THIS"

Comment

28. Macadamia Nut Encrusted Chicken from the Kona Grill.

It's their signature dish and they sell a ton of it. Have a single bite of it and you'll understand why. It'd covered in a luscious gravy, and they have an apricot (or similar) marmalade that you can smear on the chicken. Simply awesome. If you have a Kona Grill in your city, hit it.
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Fact: Haagen Daaz > Ben & Jerry's

Question: Haagen Daaz ? Blue Bell
                BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Haagen-Daaz, too rich in my view.
                  "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Haagen Daaz is too rich? Unless an ice cream ain't made of cream, it's not ice CREAM.

Comment

Cream, you say? *eyebrow raised*

Also, I could have sworn I've had Blue Bell ice cream. I know it's been sold around here.

Hell, even Carvel Cakes are sold in grocery stores.

Comment

ED IF YOU FIND THAT FUCKING SHIT AROUND HERE I WILL BUY YOU ICE CREAM
                        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          Fact: Haagen Daaz > Ben & Jerry's

Question: Haagen Daaz ? Blue Bell
                          Blue Bell > any other ice cream.
                          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

SIR, YES SIR!

Comment

If it's made of cream, I'll take your word!

Comment

Saw there's milk AND cream. That's cool.

But that it has apprently High Fructose Corn Syrup. BAAAAAAAAAD.

Looks like they pulled a Ben & Jerry's.

Comment

Working...
                                X