No announcement yet.

Help, Helper Monkee!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had Ingrid unplug the power and plug it back in. The Dell logo came up on the screen then it went to black with the orange light on the power button.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Could possibly be a video card issue
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        Could possibly be a video card issue

FUCK YOUR FACE!!!!!!!!

I so hope you're wrong.

Comment

• me too. See if you can remove the card and check to see if you notice anything wrong it. Fan stopped working, scorch marks, etc.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• If the computer is boot8ng up and going into hibernation, you may have a larger issue. On your dell, is there a half-moon character on one of your number keys? What about a symbol that looks like a monitor? You may have to play around with ALT or FN key plus those number keys to force the output back to the monitor or push the computer out of hibernation. Look up your Dell model + Hibernation Issues in Google, or just "How to get your dell out of hibernation". Hitting the keyboard or moving the mouse may not be enough.
            <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

• I'm going to take my work monitor home and swap em' out. See what happens. My computer-guy buddy told me he had a similar issue this morning. He was wondering if Microsoft put out an update or something. The more I think about it though, it sounds like the video card.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                If the computer is boot8ng up and going into hibernation, you may have a larger issue. On your dell, is there a half-moon character on one of your number keys? What about a symbol that looks like a monitor? You may have to play around with ALT or FN key plus those number keys to force the output back to the monitor or push the computer out of hibernation. Look up your Dell model + Hibernation Issues in Google, or just "How to get your dell out of hibernation". Hitting the keyboard or moving the mouse may not be enough.

Good to know. Thanks! I should be printing this stuff out since, uh, well, ya know.

Comment

• Plugged the monitor into the laptop and it worked. So that pretty much leaves the video card. Any recommendations? I don't really do any gaming. Something decent but cheap.

Comment

• You running AGP or PCI-Express?

Comment

• PCI-Express.

Comment

• http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814131350

Comment

• Seriously, just start there and go up to how much you want to spend. If you don't game on it, then you really don't need to spend much loot.

Comment

• That is the site you/Helper used to build your machine, correct?

Comment

• Are there certain brands of video cards and RAM to avoid or are they all pretty much the same?

Comment

• That is the site, yes. The only site really you should order parts off of. And the more RAM the better honestly. I mean you can tweak most cards, but I bought a card off of there for my old machine for 25 bucks and it did what it needed to do.

Comment

Working...
                                X