No announcement yet.

Da da da da, da da da da... PETS!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night I cleaned up 3 piles of shit and two piss spots. This morning I woke up to two more piles of shit and piss streaked from one end of the dining table to the other. Ditto isn't making me feel bad about taking her to SPCA.

Comment

• Meanwhile Fahey continues to be awesometacular and is the best space heater ever.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• I wonder if she senses you're getting rid of her. I'm not kidding either - animals are very perceptive, and they do sense when something's about to go down.

When my now-former-friend Kerrin and I lived in Brooklyn - this was pre-Edison, who I didn't adopt till I moved to Queens - she had a cat named Natasha, who I adored and spoiled the hell out of. Natasha was very well behaved, but if she was mad at Kerrin for something, she'd piss on her comforter. It didn't happen often, but over the course of four years in that apartment, it happened once in a while if she was angry.

I wanted to get a kitten of my own about a year before we moved out. I had already had that one cat for three months that I had to give up because she kept beating Natasha up, but I was willing to give it another shot. Anyway, Kerrin and I discussed it at length about if I should get a kitten now, how would Natasha react, should I just wait till we moved out of that apartment in a year or so, etc. And Natasha would sit there, and her eyes would just get bigger. And her ears would twitch. And I said, "I wonder how much of this she might actually understand?"

So the weekend of picking out a kitten finally rolled around - it was like, a Wednesday, and that weekend, we agreed that I'd go and get a kitten of my own from the shelter. Done - decided. I went to get into bed that night, and lo and behold - guess what present was waiting for ME on MY comforter? A puddle of cat urine. Kerrin went nuts! Really yelled at Natasha, shoved her face in it, called her bad, apologized up and down, the whole nine yards.

As I was changing the comforter and the sheets, I said, "No, you know what? This is good. Now we know where she stands, and that I should just wait till we move out of here so I don't have to get rid of yet another cat that's supposed to be mine." To be honest, I actually found it really fascinating. That was usually Natasha's way of showing her anger at Kerrin. But somehow, I swear, she understood that some new kitten coming into HER home was going to be because of ME - and she showed her anger accordingly by taking it out on my comforter and not Kerrin's.

Anyway, my point is - don't underestimate her. She could very well understand that you're getting rid of her, and well, basically had a tantrum in her own way. I'm so sorry this didn't work out, but also know that you gave it your best shot.
        Last edited by Lisa; 01-20-2012, 08:23 AM.
        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• She might, but that's not why she's making messes. She has been doing this consistently since we got her. She understands going outside, and if you're home or awake she will go to the door, if not? MESSY TOWN. I'm just bringing it up because I was feeling bad about the whole situation, but between her fighting with Gucci nonstop and the two or three messes I clean up everyday all sympathy has vanished.

Comment

• I hear you, I know. Even animals can be assholes sometimes. I mean, look, she probably wasn't raised right by her previous owners. And then you and Brittany tried teaching her right, but sometimes the bad behavior is irreversable.
            2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• That dog is an asshole. It happens, far rarer in dogs than say humans but yeah, asshole.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                I hear you, I know. Even animals can be assholes sometimes. I mean, look, she probably wasn't raised right by her previous owners. And then you and Brittany tried teaching her right, but sometimes the bad behavior is irreversable.
                Yeah, she never had a chance with the previous owners, but we've known that since the second day we had her. Hopefully she gets into a home that helps her change.

Comment

• It is very weird with Ditto gone. House is quiet. No dog arguments. No Ditto running up to me for petting then biting my hand and running off.

Comment

• Never forget, Ditto the Human Trolling Devil Dog.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
                      It is very weird with Ditto gone. House is quiet. No dog arguments. No Ditto running up to me for petting then biting my hand and running off.
                      Awww, I'm sorry. I know it must have been tough, and you know how I am about animals, but it sounds like it was an unworkable situation. If it's any consolation, you know that Gucci is probably grateful.

Comment

• It could be that Gucci "didn't play well with others". That's kind of why we have Patch & Stitch. They were abandoned at a friend's house who has a lot of pets and our two darlings didn't play well with the rest of the "zoo". Since this friend knew that Tim and I were thinking of getting a cat or two (two was my preference since we both work), his family asked us if we could take them. The only reason that Patch & Stitch get along with each other is that they're brothers and they were raised together.

There are just animals out there that want the house and humans to themselves.
                        Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs, Gibbs!

Comment

• No Gucci plays great with others, Ditto was fo' sho' the problem.

Comment

• NOBODY TALKS BAD ABOUT GUCCI!! Well, except that one white rapper chick that Billy lurves.

Comment

• GUCCI GUCCI LOUIS LOUIS FENDI FENDI PRAAAAAAAAADA BROKE BITCHES GETTIN NADA

Comment

• Oh, you mean Coco's song about her designer shoes? I love her - she's hilarious!

Comment

Working...
                                X