The Shield - SPOILERZ LIKE ON CARS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shield - SPOILERZ LIKE ON CARS

Currently going through the first season based on the recommendations (and threats) from you fucks. Not too bad so far, but I do hope it gets better. IT's seeming pretty episodic (and I'm not a huge fan of that) but Goggins is the reason I'm gonna keep watching. That dude is fucking great. Well him and CCH Pounder. But Chiklis so far is the worst part of the show. I really hope he steps it up a notch. I can't take this fucker seriously at all yet. But we're only through disc 1. So yeah, I'm sure it gets better.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Yea, The Shield is in no way episodic. You're just setting up the scene right now. Things that happen in episode 1 have extreme affect all the way to the series finale. Absolutely incredible show. I wish all of it was on instant so I could revisit it.

Comment

Cool, I figured as much. But goddamn that shot from the first episode should have been reshot. The looks on Chiklis's and Goggins's faces are fucking ridiculous. We laugh everytime they flashback to that.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

You are going to see that shot a hundred more times as well. The budget one season one is probably 1/10 of what they get in season 2 and on. God do I love The Shield. I can't wait until you get to Aceveda and "the picture."

Comment

Everything Shane Vendrell does is gold.

Plus you get the wacky adventures of Dutch.

And what Billy says about Aceveda in the later seasons. Oh you'll get a kick out of it.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
            You are going to see that shot a hundred more times as well. The budget one season one is probably 1/10 of what they get in season 2 and on. God do I love The Shield. I can't wait until you get to Aceveda and "the picture."
            The "cat" episode with Dutch ties with the Aceveda and the "picture" as my number 2 favorite WTF moment from the series.
            We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
            - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

The cat is great stuff. Of course when it comes to Dutch the cat is number 2 to Duran Duran.

Comment

Glad to see someone else got my last avatar.

Comment

Just finished up disc 2 last night. Not bad so far. Seems to be getting better. Also, we can't watch Dutch bumble around without thinking of Hocken. Makes the show better in my opinion. If he ends up saying "let me tell ya" I'll die a happy man.

Comment

I used to joke that if I had actually ended up in law enforcement. I would end up being Dutch.

Comment

Yep. I knew it.

Comment

That's not such a bad thing. Dude is a pretty damn good detective.

Comment

And yet he's the one character I can't stand so far.

Comment

You're on disc 2 of Season 1 of a Five season show. Give it time...

Comment

Says the kid who plays shows people say he should watch in the background so he doesn't really have to pay attention to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X