Booze.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    Great. We had to sneak away our "good" bourbon, but they loved the fruit infused stuff. If it wasn't a federal crime I'd set you up.
    I'm Federal but not BATF, man.

(I know. I'm angling for a Texas trip so we'll see what happens.)

Comment

• My secretary bought me a bottle of Jefferson's Reserve. This stuff is amazing. It's one of the most complex bourbons I've ever had. It has an at first hard to identify herbal or floral component to it,followed by warm and mellow spices on the finish. As the liquor got colder (I was drinking it outside with a cigar), the herbal component became clearer; it was almost like black licorice. But not exactly. It's hard to pin down. The fact that I like something with a black licorice like component surprises me. But this is damn good stuff. HIGHLY recommended. And cheaper than the Ocean.
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• I want to try it. But then I see the Ocean and want it.

Comment

• Just read about Ocean and now I want it. That looks good.

Comment

• They have a cask strength bottle that runs about $110 here.

Comment

• Of the two, I think I like the Ocean a teensy bit better. Both are worthy drams.
              I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Rob, please to explain this ladle thing some more. What kind of booze was it? A cider? Was it served hot? Why was it in a ladle? Seems weird and prone to spilling, even with that ridiculous rack the ladle sits in.

Comment

• It was rum and a bunch of other stuff with different fruit juices. You don't drink directly out of it unless you're already too drunk to realize that you don't do it. It's basically a few shots in a giant ladle to share with friends. It's the bars signature thing. Just a goofy drink for you want something different.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Interesting!

Comment

• We killed about 2/3 of a bottle of Jefferson Ocean during the trip. Plus some Widow Jane, which is from upstate NY. Very good stuff.

Comment

• The Bulleit family is full of a-holes.

https://www.queerty.com/hollis-bulle...hobia-20170801

Comment

• That's a shame. Bulleit is my second go to mixer behind Buffalo Trace, and Blade and Bow is fucking outstanding. But they had a smoking hot love at first sight tour guide named Hannah. Red hair, denim jacket, tight jeans. Good lawd.

Comment

• Tell me you took a swig before you sauntered over to Hannah and got all Rico Suave and stuff on her.

Comment

• Well now I know which brand to fucking avoid.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I'm told I need to visit here in a couple weeks. I am paralyzed by choice-

http://jackrosediningsaloon.com

Comment

Working...
                                X