No announcement yet.

The Expendables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, but you don't believe that's how relationships really happen, right? He shows up on New Years, declares his love, all is right with the world, and they live happily ever after? It's generally more work than that - which is fine. If you find the right person, it's worth it, but it's just not that easy.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
      that's right, 'When Harry Met Sally'...that's pretty much the pinnacle of Rom-Coms for me.
      thats a great one!

"You never wear Sunday." It was all suspicious. Where was Sunday? Where had I left Sunday? And I told him, and he didn't believe me

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt View Post
        Those are details. You knew he was going to die and, it being an Arnie film, it would probably be memorable.

It's those DETAILS that separate the wheat from the Chaff in either genre.
        WELL THANKS FER HALF-STEPPIN' ON MY CHAFF, MATT
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Caught this yesterday - fun flick, heavy action, a nice throwback to many of the action films from the '80s/early '90s. While no Commando or Rambo, it still delivers most of the goods.

Mostly a Jason Statham and Stallone vehicle, there were some good performances from Rourke, Li (still a bad ass, but had one of the best comic relief moments), Lundgren (his character needed a bit more fleshing out, I thought), and Crews and Couture - the last two needed more screen time, maybe an arc for each like everyone else. Great feel of camaraderie between all the Expendables, as well. It looks like everyone had a great time making this, and it shows on the screen.

Spoiler: SPOILER! 
          As Eric Robert's flunky, Austin did great, but, again Like Lundgren, Crews, and Couture's characters, his character needed some more fleshing out (maybe if the flick really went nuts and added an extra hour?). His fight with Stallone was brutal - "I just got my ass kicked!" - but I'd have like to see him on Stallone's side as a fellow Expendable.

Crews was pretty slick with his fucking cannon and "Magic PWN Bullet™". Couture was also pretty brutal in his fights, but I would've liked to have seen more screen time for him. Hopefully, there'll be a sequel!

Lundgren's character really needed more tweaking - he's a loose cannon at the start, gets kicked off the team, narcs out his former buddies to the bad guys, gets into a fight with Li who uses his shortness as a plus during the battle, gets shot by Stallone, the at the end of the flick, they're all buddies again? WTF? He was this movies' Bennet for cryin' out loud! Hell, I'd have kept him bad, and have him make it to a possible sequel with his own band of Expendables!

Yeah, not the When Harry Met Sally of action movies (though Rourke does tap into his acting chops that made The Wrestler great in one scene), but it's at least a contender for Mannequin!

To throw some brolove to Bobby:

Three Giselle ItiƩ s out of Five!

Comment

Working...
          X