Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > Films on DVD or Blu

Films on DVD or Blu If you can buy it or own it, post about them here.

Old 07-09-2017, 03:44 PM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Old 07-15-2017, 11:52 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

Kong Skull Island is the only good Kong movie. Only took them a hundred fucking years. Holy shit it's great. Gimme three more of those.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:55 AM
is fancy

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Fuck yeah man. So goooood
Old 07-15-2017, 11:57 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

I didn't even hate Hiddleston in it, but he was kind of a nonfactor. Everyone seemed to be having WAY more fun than him.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:42 PM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Location: Somewhere around the moon, New York City and your sister
FilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandas

Dawn > Rise > War

But War for the Planet of the Apes is still really good and a nice caper to the trilogy.
Old 07-15-2017, 09:36 PM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

BABY DRIVER

Very good, not great. The driving is good and the way that the soundtrack works with the action is clever as hell, but I didn't like the character of Baby at all. The bad guys were much more interesting and had more character to them than Baby or Deborah.

Again, very good. Jon Hamm needs to play a bad guy again, he's got a knack for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?
Old 07-15-2017, 09:49 PM
Fleshlight King

Jon Hamm is by far the best part of that movie and I only want coked up shitty Jon Hamm for the rest of his career. Like, gimme another Miami Vice with him as the villain PLEASE.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:01 AM
is fancy

Ghost in the Shell. I am not sure how to feel about this. I dug the fuck outta Michael Pitt's character but Scar Jo was not the right actress for this. She just seemed kind of bored.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:07 AM

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
Ghost in the Shell. I am not sure how to feel about this. I dug the fuck outta Michael Pitt's character but Scar Jo was not the right actress for this. She just seemed kind of bored.
It's a visual feast, though. It deserves an A+ in terms of production design.

But yeah...it's a passive experience. Nothing to latch onto.
Quote:
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Old 07-16-2017, 11:08 AM
is fancy

oh for sure. There was so much interesting shit to look at on the screen but Scar Jo was just so goddamn bland.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:11 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

Speaking of visually interesting but bland, I finally watched SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR this morning. It's still completely dumb that Jessica Alba was cast for a character that is specifically nude 97% of the time and she refused to do nudity. I don't care whether or not I see her goodies but it's just stupid.
Old 07-16-2017, 01:00 PM
is fancy

I loved the first Sin City but hated the second one. It was terrible.
Old 07-16-2017, 01:27 PM
Allergic to dumbfucks

FilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandas

Not even going to bother with A Dame to Kill For, and I too love the original film.
Old 07-16-2017, 01:37 PM

Eva Greene was good though.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-16-2017, 01:41 PM
is fancy

She wasn't bad but the film just looked and felt so cheap. Millet can't direct.
Old 07-18-2017, 12:33 PM
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

This makes mer want to rewatch World's End.

https://youtu.be/YzuViLLTukM

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2017, 12:33 PM
Right meow!

Nathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The FaheyNathan is as epic as The Fahey

Mer!

Old 07-21-2017, 03:14 PM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Dunkirk.

Spoiler: Don't read my bullshit ramblings 'till you've seen it for yourself! ! ! ! 
Like all of Nolan's work, it requires a second viewing and I really want/need to do so in the next few days. His films have always been made for repeat viewings and nine times out of ten greatly improve. The man puts so much story within not only the narrative but the frame. You realize details that were always there on the second, third, and so forth sit-downs. The Dark Knight Rises, for example, went from being a film I strongly liked but thought the first act dragged and details didn't add up on first viewing to now standing as my favorite in the trilogy.

From a pure style/visual standpoint, he directs the Hell out of this. I felt those bullets hit. I felt those planes crash. I felt that impending drowning. Most importantly, it never once reminded me of Saving Private Ryan visually - one of the most stylistically copied films of the last 30 years. That in its own right is a major accomplishment.

But for the life of me... I couldn't understand half of what was being said or happening. Let alone who was who, especially during "The Mole" story. No doubt that was a decision made knowingly - for these mostly 17-21 year-old kids to look alike. A point made by a line of dialogue by Mark Rylance - "We're sending our children out to die." But you still need to know just who the Hell is who, so I can care. I literally had no idea if the French kid made it or not (He did not).

I appreciate Nolan for being a guy who treats the audience with the same level of intelligence as himself. He also understands you have to get the exposition and rules across effectively. To this day how he managed to make mainstream movie-goers keep up with the complexity of Inception is awe-inspiring. But in this case (again.. from my first viewing and I plan on, at the very least, one more), he assumed any audience had a passing knowledge of Dunkirk. He mistakenly thought just an opening crawl was enough. Sorry, buddy, it was not.

What I especially liked what Nolan treating these soldiers for the patriots that they were. While also reminding us they are human beings. Yes they served their country nobly. But they don't want to die. Neither the two boys for sneaking on the boat nor Cillian Murphy for not wanting to go back to Dunkirk are cowards. One of the closing lines summed it best - paraphrasing.

BLIND OLD MAN: *Hands hot food* Good job!
BOY: All I did was not get killed.
BLIND OLD MAN: That's good enough, son!

So... on first viewing, Dunkirk was everything Nolan has been (unfairly) accused of over the years. It's cold. Masterfully made and tension fueled... but cold.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:47 PM
My wife's son

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

The Devils.

Oliver Reed and Vanessa Redgrave as well as several fine British character actors star in what may be my favorite Ken Russell film in his oeuvre.

Reed plays a sane man in insane times whose chosen vices bring about his downfall as France begins the great culling of Protestant power and influence under the guise of quelling peasant uprisings and uniting France.

While it all does end up doing exactly that, the ambitious push by Cardinal Richelieu for such a state destroys the very fabric of a peaceable microcosm of society (here represented as the walled city of Loudon) through religious fervor, where those in power use hysteria and fear as a great big cudgel to tear apart not only the city that Oliver Reed is trying his best to keep from falling to disease and Catholic persecution, but the very fabric of the soul of man.

Great film with some incredibly black comedy swirling in its veins. DO NOT watch the version they've been hustling on Shudder, as it is the edited version. I'd recommend going full tilt boogie with it if you're going to give it a watch.

Also saw Nolan's latest in IMAX. The sound design, which has been a sore spot for some of the mixes in his recent output, here serves as a strength to the experience. And it is very much an experience moreso than anything you'd find in a conventional sense of movie making (what with a plot and quips and BUY DISNEY'S PLASTIC GARBAGE WONDERLAND OF ASS). See it somewhere you trust the theatre not to flub the sound and find as large a screen as possible.

Last edited by Captain Russ; 07-29-2017 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:08 PM
Right meow!

Holy shit!