Wii U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii U

I has one. Currently playing the "take 2 hours on launch day to update the system" game. Got the last deluxe set at Target. Also grabbed the new Mario game. Will check back later for first thoughts. That being said, the gamepad controller is fucking swank.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

NintendoLand is pretty sweet. Lesley is hooked on this weird Donkey Kong game and I dig the Mario and Ghost mini games. Super Mario Wii U is pretty sweet. Much like the one for the Wii but with a bunch of new modes. Plus HD. Mario is looking nice. Also tested how far I can take the wii pad in our apartment. It makes it to the bedroom. I just played the new Mario game directly on the pad with no lag and it was awesome.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

the multiplayer stuff is pretty fun when one user is on the pad and the other has a controller. The ghost stuff reminds of me the old PacMan game on the gamecube that you played using game boy advances. fun stuff

Comment

I envy your disposable income Hughes. I truly do. Enjoy it, if not for you then for me.
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

pssh. This was an impulse buy. The rational part of my brain is telling me, "What the fuck man?!" while the kid in me is telling me "Fuck yeah, new Mario game and new console smell". Gonna be eating cheap for the next few weeks.

Comment

All I'm saying is I wish my budget allowed "impulse buys."
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Cut to Lesley taking hot showers while yelling at rob to turn off the heat. You spent your shower money!

Comment

Hahahahaha, YEESSSSSSSss

Comment

So after 8 hours of playtime I can say that I'm super excited to see the new ways publishers use the gamepad. NintendoLand is a blast in regards to this and I played Mario in bed last night which was great. The Tvii stuff will be awesome (be able to stream my tv to the gamepad while Lesley is playing xbox/watching Twilight) and should hit in December, and the Miiverse stuff is actually pretty neat. It's like Facebook meets an online forum. Really easy to meet people, play games, etc.

Is it a must buy? Only if you're a Nintendo fanboy. Otherwise keep on with your current consoles. I'm happy I have it, and am looking forward to what games the future holds.

Also, the video camera stuff is neat if pointless. In some of the NintendoLand games, the user using the gamepad will have their reactions recorded in real time and displayed on the tv. Made it pretty funny last night to be playing against Lesley and seeing her pissed off face on the tv.

Comment

Also, don't sell your Wii for this unless you don't have any gamecube games you still play. Those are not playable on the Wii U. I haven't transferred my data from my Wii yet as I don't have any SD cards on hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Foster Facial Hair View Post
                      the multiplayer stuff is pretty fun when one user is on the pad and the other has a controller. The ghost stuff reminds of me the old PacMan game on the gamecube that you played using game boy advances. fun stuff
                      That Pacman game was freaking awesome and was the first thing I thought of when I saw the Wii U.
                      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Picked up Zombi U last night. This game is pretty interesting. I'm not sure if it's good or great yet. It is fucking hard though. The gamepad useage is pretty sweet minus the random "TAP THIS TO BREAK SHIT", but I'm loving the scanning properties. Works just like the scanner for the Resident Evil game on the 3DS. I've already died twice and had to go kill my now zombied players to get my stuff back. The way the "prepper" guides you over the gamepad is cool as fuck. Reminds me of the director in Manhunt.

Haven't tried multiplayer yet, but that looks like it could be fun.

Comment

Played the new Mario game with Lesley last night for a few hours. She has too much fun trying to help me but instead making sure I don't make jumps and die. ahha

Comment

ZombiU is fucking awesome.

Comment

Ceej and I played the multi for ZombiU today for the first time. fucking pimp. The person on the tv is using the normal controller as a FPS capture the flag type game. The person on the gamepad sees a top down rendering of the gamefield with icons of the other player and the flags and has to place zombies on the map to fuck with the player and to capture the flags themselves. The more times the "zombie master" kills the FPS player, the faster they level which means even more types of zombies and skills to fuck the other player up. IT's fucking sweet.

Comment

Working...
                              X