STAR WARS, INDY , HOWARD THE DUCK DEUCE; AND MORE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gravedigger View Post
    Is that really Grunberg's character's name?
    Ello Asty was the bullhead catfish alien.

Grunberg was Snap Wexley.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• In regards to Phasma

Spoiler: spoilers 
      It has been confirmed that Gwendoline Christie will be reprising her role as Captain Phasma in Rian Johnson’s Episode VIII. Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy told the LA Times that they have big plans for Phasma and confirmed that the captain will carry on into the next movie: “She’s an important character, a baddie in the best sense of the word.”

Many critics have complained that Phasma’s role in Force Awakens was too small and fans are already predicting that it will be beefed up in future films, some referring to her as the Boba Fett of this trilogy.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        In regards to Phasma

It has been confirmed that Gwendoline Christie will be reprising her role as Captain Phasma in Rian Johnson’s Episode VIII. Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy told the LA Times that they have big plans for Phasma and confirmed that the captain will carry on into the next movie: “She’s an important character, a baddie in the best sense of the word.”

Many critics have complained that Phasma’s role in Force Awakens was too small and fans are already predicting that it will be beefed up in future films, some referring to her as the Boba Fett of this trilogy.
          Spoiler: About that 

The fact that the entire cast is coming back for Episode 8 is such a late change, that it makes me scratch my head.

Hux was meant to go to intro Del Toro's new character. But, I guess that changed. Phasma's cool and all, but really?

I just worry that we're going to get 2 scenes of Snoke in 8 and then ham cram him into 9.
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

• Good!

Good, re: Rob's post, definitely not the last part of Troy's post.

Comment

• Love this: http://www.indiatimes.com/news/india...ed-248595.html
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            Originally posted by Martin
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• There's no way a cop said it was justified and didn't arrest those guys.

Comment

• pretty sure I mentioned this in the podcast but I LOVED that Kylo
                went all Marky Mark in FEAR
                during the battle.

And I fucking LOVED SO HARD THAT FREEZING OF THE BLASTER BOLT. SO AWESOME.

Dammit. I really need to go watch this again.
                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Constable Zuvio
                  Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                  I want to see that face move in motion, because ugh.
                  Did we ever see this guy in motion? I can't remember.

Comment

Did we ever see this guy in motion? I can't remember.

Cut from the film.

Comment

• Saw it Saturday.

Fantastic. Yes, it has flaws (follows A New Hope too closley, needed 2-10 minutes to flesh out the characters and settings more), but overall, for the 1st time in 30 years, it felt like a genuine Star Wars movie. The real deal. Not a JJ-Star Wars flick, the REAL sequel.

Yes, Driver is ugly (he really is, I've been saying that for years. Burning his face would actually improve his look. And his ears...), Phasma's not in it enough (but will be), but so much fucking GOOD in it.

I was apprehending the 3 new leads, and Ridley, Boyega and Issac were top-notch. Amazing. Having the original crew around was just icing on the cake. Such a ball of emotions when those X-Wings came over the water. And the Falcon!!!!

I laughed during Craig's entire cameo (it really was his voice!), and Google confirmed later that I was right: Ewan McGregor recorded a line for Rey just for Awakens.

Amazing.

Now, it's time to show it to my son.
                      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

In regards to Phasma

YES!

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                          Spoiler: About that 

The fact that the entire cast is coming back for Episode 8 is such a late change, that it makes me scratch my head.

Hux was meant to go to intro Del Toro's new character. But, I guess that changed. Phasma's cool and all, but really?

I just worry that we're going to get 2 scenes of Snoke in 8 and then ham cram him into 9.
                          Spoiler: Re: Troy's spoiler 
                        Glad to see the cast (minus Ford, obviously) coming back. Keeping the leads together is a no-brainer for Disney, especially with the reviews they've been getting.

Phasma got short shrift this go 'round, so learning there's plans a foot for her in the next film makes me happy. Hopefully, she'll become more than this trilogy's Boba Fett/Darth Maul - cool looking, but doing mostly nothing.

Comment

• Someone tell me what a "Mary Sue" is in non-hyperbolic-Internet terms, please. Near as I can tell it's a strong independent woman. What's wrong with that?

Comment

• I thought Mary Sue/Gary Stu was when you wrote yourself into the story and everything you did was awesome?

Comment

• I get the "Mary Sue" argument (Never heard of the phrase before). But I don't agree with it. Whatsoever.

And it's coming from someone who has burned so many bridges, it's amazing he could even still get in an executive's office.
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• "Is that even possible?"

"I don't know. I usually ask myself that after I do it."

Comment

Working...
                                X