No announcement yet.

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WcNCXtGG-Uk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• fucking awesome.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Mulling over getting this from Target this week.

It's 50 dollars
        I have a coupon for 5 off 50.
        Plus, a giftcard from them that I won last week at a Sports thing.
        Bringing it down to $35. Good price?
        My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• I cant' recommend this yet. IF you love fantasy then totally. If you didn't love oblivion it's pretty much the same with an updated engine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
            I cant' recommend this yet. IF you love fantasy then totally. If you didn't love oblivion it's pretty much the same with an updated engine.

I got that super duper version of Oblivion back in the summer. I have yet to play it.

That being said, I've heard talk of arrows to the knee.
            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

I cant' recommend this yet. IF you love fantasy then totally. If you didn't love oblivion it's pretty much the same with an updated engine.
              I'd say it's a bit more than that, but I like Oblivion. The combat is still wonky as fuck though so there's truth in that.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• This game is much much much better than Oblivion. It's about exploration, not combat.

Comment

• That's a cop out. The game is centered around destroying dragons. I'd say combat is a big part of the game. And one that still sucks.

Comment

• YOU'RE A COP OUT!!
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

That's a cop out. The game is centered around destroying dragons. I'd say combat is a big part of the game. And one that still sucks.
                      I don't think it's a cop out. There's tons to do that isn't combat. TONS. And like every other Elder Scrolls game you don't have to fight the dragons. It's all about choice. Range remains the best combat option, bows and magic work great. Melee is bad. But you come to Elder Scrolls for the world and exploration. You don't go to God Of War for world building, you go to crack skulls. Elder Scrolls needs to improve their melee combat, but it's a minimal hindrance to an otherwise exquisite game.

Comment

• I don't hate the game guys. I'm just saying it's a prettier version of Oblivion for all intents and purposes. Nothing wrong with that but to say the game isn't about combat is delusional.

Comment

• If you can beat this entire game without fighting let me know and I'll say I was wrong.

Comment

• Haven't played this since day one. Will give it another go to see if I can get into it and play it without getting sick.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                            Originally posted by gravedigger
                            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                            Originally posted by Martin
                            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• This isn't a linear experience. You can choose to be a thief, dump 40 hours into this game and NEVER kill a soul. Yes, if you want to fight dragons and all you will need to fight, but ranged combat is fine. It's better than ever. You're saying combat is bad, and that's not true. MELEE combat is bad. And the game still isn't about combat.

Comment

• There is shit tons more to the game than melee combat regardless of what it takes to "beat" the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X