Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Common is terrible in pretty much everything.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• True.
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
        I think Common is terrible in pretty much everything.
        He was decent on HELL ON WHEELS, I thought.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• ah, I can't comment on that as I never watched that show.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I thought he was OK in Smokin' Aces until he meets up with Alicia Keys.. then it became quite awful. Stuff with Piven when he finds out he's getting sold out was alright
            XBL/PSN/Steam Gamertag - CalgaryRonin

Comment

• Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Spoiler: LEGIT SPOILERS! ! ! ! ! ! 
              Can not stress enough how this isn't what you think it is. And I couldn't be happier for such a surprise.

From the moment Sheriff Willoughby (a superb Woody Harrelson who I hope is not lost in the shuffle come Oscar nominations) matter-of-factly asks, "You know I have terminal cancer, right?" you are taken aback. It comes out of nowhere. Nothing to even slightly suggest that is where this story is headed. That exchange expresses how, as in real life, things are not black and white. They are grey. A lesser-film would take sides. Mildred (Frances McDormand in a career-best performance, and that's saying something) is right in her actions, everyone else is wrong and to Hell with all of them. Yes, I felt her anger, her pain. To lose a child is unspeakable – a wound that will never heal. Yet I, myself, instantly wondered, "Wait, you knew he's dying and you're still doing this?!"

I didn't know how to feel. That's the point.

Multiple times during the film, it manages to subvert one's own expectations of where this is headed. You think you know where it's going and how you will view these characters from there on out and it masterfully manages to flip it. One scene (another sit-down between Mildred and Willoughby) comes to mind. They are at each others throats. Face to face, yelling. This is going to get ugly. Suddenly he coughs up blood in her face(!?!) They both freeze. His face drops, his eyes full of tear, "I… I didn't mean to" and she comforts him, softly reassures with "I know" and goes for help.These are two people who seconds ago hated each other. In that single moment, you understand they are people too. They have compassion and decency.

And that's just one sequence. Turns like that happen several times. But I am going to stop myself now. This is a story to experience for yourself and preferably a room full of people. To dissect and discuss the turn of events does a disservice to writer/director Martin McDonagh and his cast, excellent performances from top to bottom. Until you have seen it.

As with Wind River (my favorite film this year), this felt like a good book. A story that unravels before you. When it reaches its closing moments, you are left with questions, with feelings, with emotions. Not sure how to feel. Once again, that's the point.
              Last edited by FilmNerdJamie; 11-22-2017, 06:35 PM.
              Originally posted by Ari
              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Just sat through The Strange Thing About the Johnsons. God. DAMN!

Most disturbing 30 minutes I've seen. Afraid to even ask the thought behind this. Though I can not deny how effective it is.
                Originally posted by Ari
                The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• Fantastic Beasts. Gotdamn I dig this movie a whole bunch. That ending battle is still legit as fuck. Redmayne is the best.

Comment

• THREE BILLBOARDS was excellent. It's not up to IN BRUGES but it's a worthy film nonetheless with killer performances from everyone.

What I really appreciated: the story arcs for the three leads do NOT go where you think that they're going to go at all.
                    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                    Originally posted by gravedigger
                    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Atomic Blonde

Fun, stylish as hell. Great soundtrack. The big 10 minute fight while extracting the target was some good shit. Charlize is an underrated action star.

Brawl In Cell Block 99

I expected a big prison riot movie. Not at all that. Which makes sense now that I know it's from the Bone Tomahawk guy. Not nearly as slow/contemplative as Bone Tomahawk, but it's incredible. Don't watch with an empty stomach.

Comment

• Creep 2. If you dug the first, you'll love this one. Really enjoyed this. The actress in this was fantastic.

Comment

• Is it on Netflix?

Comment

• not sure? Bought it on the apple store for like 7 bucks.

Comment

• Rewatched Tintin. Man, I really wish this movie would have done better. It's fucking beautiful and just a great overall adventure movie. Haddock is the best.

Comment

• Boss Baby. Checked it out to see if it was something Char would even remotely be interested in. It was cute. Would I tell someone, “holy shit you MUST watch this movie!!!!!!”? No. But it was cute. On Netflix if you’re interested.
                                Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

Working...
                                X