No announcement yet.

board games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Played a few games of Magic last night with Lesley. Pretty sure I made her a killer deck. Hanging with Baltar and Planeswalkers is fun.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Still love Scattergories and Trivial Pursuit. My family is big on Apples to Apples right now. I played Bezzerwizzer with some friends not too long ago, but we turned it into a drinking game. Holy shit was I plastered, but still a trivia champ!
      Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

Apples to Apples is tits!
        "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Went to my buddy's house last night to hang out. Brought Magic just for fun. Turns out he had a shit load of cards. We played and my blue/black deck sucks. He kicked my ass. Then I tried the red/green deck I made for Lesley. Totally kicked his ass using that one. Fun stuff.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

fucking Magic.... New expansion hits today. 3 of us are buying a full booster box. GONNA BE IN HEAVEN OPENING PACKS AFTER WORK...

Comment

Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
              fucking Magic.... New expansion hits today. 3 of us are buying a full booster box. GONNA BE IN HEAVEN OPENING PACKS AFTER WORK...
              haha, yeah that is the best. I do this with the World of Warcraft CCG game when new expansions come out despite never playing it just for that nerd rush
              <sigh> FACEBOOK - MY WEBSITE

Comment

Wait, so you buy teh cards but never play the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
                  Wait, so you buy teh cards but never play the game?
                  Yup!

The group I could be playing with meets so infrequently that months can pass between 2 hours of playtime.

DON'T JUDGE ME!

Comment

too late*

*You should meet them on the tabletop battlefield and slap their shit. Come on Mike, you know you want to.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
                      too late*

*You should meet them on the tabletop battlefield and slap their shit. Come on Mike, you know you want to.
                      I do play Warmachine with some regularity, and indeed, shit does get slapped, but the card people are different than the little man people.

Comment

Picked up the iPad app for Ticket to Ride today since I've been wanting to grab the actual board game for awhile now. Shit is legit as fuck. Gonna try playing it with Lesley tonight.

Comment

grabbed Netrunner today after work along with it's first expansion. IT's a card game made by the guy who invented magic but it's basically Shadowrun. Runners vs. Corporations. Pretty fucking sweet. Ceej was bored out of his mind and thought it "was gay" because it had no orcs or magic. A bit more complicated than Magic but I love the "world" it's based in. Hopefully play with some friends this weekend to really learn it. But so far, I'm digging it.

Comment

it's also nice because you aren't required to buy packs of cards to keep up.

Comment

Lesley obliged me tonight and played 3 games of this. She won all three (only gave her the first 1 so she could learn the rules) and I think I'm in love with it. Still learning the game, but I had a blast.

Comment

Heard good things on NETRUNNER. Hoping to play that next gaming day.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                                Originally posted by gravedigger
                                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                                Originally posted by Martin
                                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                                X