OZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OZ

So this was one of the first shows I remember watching on HBO that kicked my ass hard. In fact, I ended up seeing the pilot episode the day it aired by accident, but I missed the first 10 mins. So I'm flipping around and come across it. I'm in awe. I was probably baked because I totally thought it was the most brutal documentary ever. Haha. Then I realized it was a show, and was fucking hooked.

All of the seasons up until about 6, are awesome. Then it's starts getting kinda weird. Well when Luke Perry shows up it gets fucking weird, but everyone needs to watch this show.

We just started watching season 3 (I've seen em all, and this used to be my "Lost" on Sunday nights after X-Files) again this week. And goddamn this show needs more love.

Too many awesome characters: Beecher, Schillinger, Keller, Adebsi (Mr. Eko!) and the list goes on and on.

If you are a fan of crime dramas, you owe it to yourself to check this show out. Too fucking hardcore.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Thought this show was awesome back in the day. Watched an episode on demand a while ago. Seemed a bit dated and not as shocking as I remember. But if you've never seen it, you really should. Adabisi is bad MF.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Oh, this show still kicks all kinds of ass. Especially as the seasons go on.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Seemed like the riot was the highpoint. The later seasons did get weird.[swipe] The Cyril aging drug thing for one.

Comment

Well the riot was in the first season. then there was another one. [swipe]And totally on the aging drug thing...but I was talking more about [swipe] Luke Perry becoming a Jesus like figure after he was walled up and burned

Comment

First season? Really? Huh. Never saw all of the Luke Perry stuff. What about the other warden thing too?

Comment

Seriously, this show plots were all over the map for the most part. So much shit would happen in any given season. The other warden was a dick. Zeddmore for the fucking win.

Comment

Maybe the episode I watched last was subpar. My memories of this show were pretty outstanding. Oh, and if you're going to watch this show, be prepared for a good bit of butt sex and swingin' cocks.

Comment

Totally. But the "love scenes" totally work due to the commitment of the actors. Plus half the people in this show are now on at least one version of a Law and Order. It's weird to see them as cops and also hardened criminals.

Comment

i totally wanted to check this show out before i had cable... bah, another show to buy on dvd.
                    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Don't buy it. Just netflix it first.

You may not even dig it.

Which means you'd be shunned...

Comment

i'm sure i'd actually like it. i've heard really, really good things about the show. and it's something i had wanted to see before. i could probably netflix the first season and see how i like it. i usually end up buying v shows i like on dvd since i like rewatching them. e.g. sliders and simpsons.

Comment

That is true. It's too bad they are still so expensive.. Fucking HBO dvds.

Comment

haha, serious. i rented carnivale once, fucking loved it, found out the dvd set cost $100, and then proceeded to cry.

Comment

Shit, I never gave that show a chance really since they never properly finished it. We have both seasons, just never watched more than one episode. I didn't feel like getting emotionally invested in a show that had no conclusion.

Same reason I hate NBC for cancelling Surface. While that show was pretty hit or miss, I loved the fuck outta it, and the last episode threw down the gauntlet. Then...CANCELLED...just like The 4400...which was so fucking dope after the first season.

Comment

Working...
                              X