No announcement yet.

PodCaust Episode 76: Gym Class Zeroes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think of Caddyshack every time I see the lunch truck at work, not to mention that scene was also filmed here at work. Chase was good back in the day of Summer Vacation, Three Amigos, and Nothing But Trouble.
    "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
      Because the moment I say I don't like a movie as "prolific" as TBB or Caddyshack, 80% of people ask if I grew up with it or just saw it recently.

Caddyshack bores me to fucking tears. Murray is good as is Chase, but they are in like 20 mins of the fucking movie for the most part. I could give two shits about Dangerfield in this. I prefer him Back to School.

I don't get the whole concept of growing up with it. It's like someone states that you peaked at the age of 9 and that determines your future artistic merit.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

No, but I can say it helps. As I'm not a movie reviewer, I tend to watch a flick and make a snap judgment. I'm not looking for hidden meanings or the artistic merit. I'm looking to see if it holds my interest and whatnot. If it does, I'll rewatch it to dissect it more. I can admit to saying something sucks in my opinion but that I understand why people like it. If I'm bored, then fuck it. But I've made plenty of mistakes and have gone back and rewatched flicks to give them another chance and occasionally I realize that the movie is actually great and my first viewing was clouded by whatever.

But when it comes to comedy, it's completely subjective. I don't find those movies funny. But then I'm labeled as someone with no taste. It's a lose-lose situation.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I'm too lazy to call in for SW: TOR. Buckets were filled, though.
          The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

you listened at least. good enough.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by PAULINE KAEL View Post
              I'm telling you that the guilty pleasure doesn't exist. Just because you like it doesn't make it a better movie. No matter how much you try to rationalize it out.
              I like it and that makes it a better movie becuase I am God. And my only purpose here is to eat Little Debbies snack cakes and watch Hackers.

Comment

I don't get the whole concept of growing up with it. It's like someone states that you peaked at the age of 9 and that determines your future artistic merit.
                If you see a movie while younger, especially if it is in any way different or groundbreaking, it sets the tone by which all other movies of the same genre are compared.

Prime example would be little kids who saw the prequels first and saw the OG trilogy and found the effects crappy. And no Jar Jar! WTF Dad?
                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                  If you see a movie while younger, especially if it is in any way different or groundbreaking, it sets the tone by which all other movies of the same genre are compared.

Prime example would be little kids who saw the prequels first and saw the OG trilogy and found the effects crappy. And no Jar Jar! WTF Dad?

That conceit still doesn't work unless the person applying the conceit is willing to admit that they're mentally stunted.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Finally listening to the episode in full. Step aerobics to Manson. Holy shit, that's hilarious.
                    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Pauline can't we just like the movies we like and NOT have to make them prove something about US? Just curious. Also if that is not possible, please list the movies we are allowed to like and in numerical order. That way we don't bring any others up while you're around.
                      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

That conceit still doesn't work unless the person applying the conceit is willing to admit that they're mentally stunted.
                        This made my head hurt.
                        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Pauline loved Blues Brothers.

And then you shat upon his/her heart...
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

How about we just move the fuck on from the whole guilty pleasure thing?
                            "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                              Pauline loved Blues Brothers.

And then you shat upon his/her heart...

I'm thinking this. But either way, it's been some good conversation.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                                I'm thinking this. But either way, it's been some good conversation.

I do love The Blues Brothers.

It has been some insightful conversation. Really got a good glimpse of personality out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X