No announcement yet.

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the game isn't total shit (fingers crossed!), looks like I'll be picking it up for the PS3!

Comment

So I got a chance to play this game this weekend. Looks great, and the fighting system packs quite the punch, but after coming off of Wolverine this is kinda meh. Granted I only played for about 10 mins and it was a challenge level (just waves of badguys), but it looked great and handled fluidly. I just wanted to decapitate motherfuckers. And the detective mode is fucking neat.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Is there a demo up yet?
        Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
        John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Nope. The only way you can play it as on PS3 demo units. I asked my Gamestop guys and they said they asked the same thing. I played mine at a Target this weekend.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Ha, now I picture you standing at the PS3 kiosk at Target with a herd of 9 year old's dying to play the game while you shout, "You can play when you can beat me at arm wrestling, you little fucks."
            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

I hope one day they make a hardcore violent Batmang game like Wolverine.

Where batarangs stop being shitty "disarm this motherfucker in a safe manner" devices and start being "holy shit, that guy no longer has functional eyes" devices, and Joker doesn't seem as hokey as they usually end up making him.

(I'm looking at you DC vs MK. Ya pussies.)

Rob was probably like Biff to the McFly kid at that kiosk.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

I did kind of feel like a tool playing it for 10 mins actually.

Comment

Did you also feel the powerful germs of the unwashed, mouthbreathing masses crawling up your arms as you gripped the disgusting, fecal-crusted controller?

Comment

I did actually. I made sure to wash the hell outta my hands and arms after that.

Comment

I hope this is awesome.

Comment

Even if it isn't, Ivy makes me happy in dapants.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Neat. Another reason that I'm glad I preordered this there already.

Comment

Damn, Kotaku is blocked from work now. picz?
                            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

This Friday, GameStop revealed their preorder exclusive Scarecrow Challenge Maps for Batman: Arkham Asylum, and the villain's new look certainly coincides with his fear-inducing powers. Players who preorder Batman: Arkham Asylum from GameStop will gain access to the Dem Bones Scarecrow Challenge Maps for the game, which pit Batman against a horde of skeletal hallucinations courtesy of Jonathan Crane. And while skellingtons are indeed creepy, they've got nothing on the new design for Crane, who looks like he's just washed up on shore after a stint in BioShock's Rapture.

Comment

Wow. Everything I see about this game screams DO WANT. Hopefully they don't shit the bed.
                                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Working...
                                X