No announcement yet.

Inglorious Basterds SPOILERS INSIDE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm thinking of hitting a matinee on Sunday and hoping it's as good as Pitt's accent.
    "Approach your work as you see fit, but accomplish, human. Disappointment is not something I will accept from a speck such as you." -SHODAN warptheform.com a new way to think about games

Comment

Got me a ticket for tomorrow's 10:10 showing at the Landmark. I'm so giddy I feel like I'm about to lose my virginity all over again.

Kael, if this sucks, I kill you.
      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

I'm seeing it tonight, tickets bought and everything. I'll post my splooge-worthy review later on.
        Originally posted by Martin
        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
        Originally posted by gravedigger
        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

I'm going to wait until Sunday when I start spoiling away. On that day, I want some discussion in here.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Kael's right.

It is beautiful.

Saw some Maria Braun in von Hammersmark (though Braun was for all intents and purposes a desensitized succubus, there are marked points of comparison in appearance and dress in her chapters), sans exploding house.

Though Shosanna does bare certain similar marks of Fassbinder protagonists.

Shit. I need to see this again.
            Last edited by Captain Russ; 08-21-2009, 04:58 PM.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Easily easily EASILY the most fun that I've had in a theater in years. To say that this is my favorite movie of the year is an understatement...I want to see this again RIGHT NOW. Everything that you've heard is true: it's THAT GOOD.

You guys that haven't seen it yet are in for a real treat.
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

Just got back from seeing the GLORIOUS piece of work.. Major applaud for Q.T.... At first i thought it was a little long, but then suspense on some of the scene's changed my mind. Seroiusly if you have not, you need to see this movie..
                I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious
                Sasha Grey makes my willy do things that my balls are scared of.--Ari
                Oh Wendy O. How she makes my balls climb into my scrotum.--Rob
                She doesn't have a hippo shaped cock.--Ari

Comment

Fuck my movie loving eyes, Inglorious Masterpiece this film should be called. From the first scene to the last, I witnessed levels of intensity that caused my palms to drip sweat. I never fucking clap at the end of a film (why clap? There's no one in the theater to accept it) but I found myself bursting out applause unknowingly. Seriously, what a fucking stunning cast, what fucking epic dialouge, how the hell did Mike Myers end up getting in the best movie of his career?

I believe this is Tarantino's best. I also believe this is best film I've seen this year. And this year I've seen Up, The Wrestler, Slumdog, and District 9. This movie HAS to be seen by everyone here. I cannot recomend it highly enough.
                  Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                  John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                    Fuck my movie loving eyes, Inglorious Masterpiece this film should be called. From the first scene to the last, I witnessed levels of intensity that caused my palms to drip sweat. I never fucking clap at the end of a film (why clap? There's no one in the theater to accept it) but I found myself bursting out applause unknowingly. Seriously, what a fucking stunning cast, what fucking epic dialouge, how the hell did Mike Myers end up getting in the best movie of his career?

I believe this is Tarantino's best. I also believe this is best film I've seen this year. And this year I've seen Up, The Wrestler, Slumdog, and District 9. This movie HAS to be seen by everyone here. I cannot recomend it highly enough.
                    If it tops Up, The Wrestler and D9, consider me there as soon as payday comes.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by B_MetalSucks View Post
                      If it tops Up, The Wrestler and D9, consider me there as soon as payday comes.
                      I can't say how it compares against 'District 9', but it blows the other two out of the water. It's 12 hours later, and I'm still high from watching it.

Comment

Oh my god, this movie.
                        "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                        *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

The last line uttered by Pitt sums up the whole movie.

Best shot of the film? The scene with the projector having Shoshanna laughing over the smoke filled theater. Great stuff.

And Til was having a blast in this movie.
                          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Talented sumbitch died with the Marco Polo card still stuck to his forehead.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

I only wish Levine was given a bit more to do.
                              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

With several critics crying and bitching about the length of the film, I can't help but wish it were longer than it was, actually. I'd just like for Quentin to continue on this revisionist tear.

Goddammit, this movie was a fucking BINGO.

*imitates Landa's constipated laugh*
                                Last edited by Captain Russ; 08-22-2009, 04:14 PM.
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X