Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inglorious Basterds SPOILERS INSIDE

It's just so fucking beautiful.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Hopefully seeing it on Saturday. Can't wait.

Better or as a good as Jackie Brown at least?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

You can't really compare it to Jackie Brown. It just doesn't work in that way.
      You can't really compare it to Kill Bill, either.

Tarantino knows what he loves and he plays to that. I'm probably going to see it two more times this weekend, that's how much I love it. I don't want to call it glorification of Eurotrash cinema. But, it's this International mess that feels like it was made by the same minds behind the people that gave the world Klaus Kinski and Aldo Ray.

I'm waiting for Gabe Powers to see it, because I'd really like to get his insight on it. Gabe lives for this stuff.
      My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Ah, ok. I use Jackie Brown as my barometer for Tarantino as he has yet to top it.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
          Ah, ok. I use Jackie Brown as my barometer for Tarantino as he has yet to top it.

I couldn't do that if I tried. What I will say about Tarantino in regards to this film is that he grew. I could see his technical ability as a director finally match his writing. The finale (Chapter 5) is probably the best thing he's ever shot.

Comment

Fantastic. CAn't wait. this is one movie that I have read pretty much nothing about. Wanted to go in completely unspoiled..

Comment

So awesome. Friday night I'll be seeing a new Tarantino film. I'm fucking stoked.
              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

I'm with you, Rob: 'Jackie Brown' is his masterpiece (so far). In theory, I'm taking the wife unit to see IB on Friday night.

Can't wait!
                Originally posted by Martin
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                Originally posted by Martin
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

So is the Ennio Morricone music all throughout the film?

Comment

Originally posted by Fej View Post
                    So is the Ennio Morricone music all throughout the film?

Morricone comes up twice. There's some David Bowie, some Charles Bernstein, a June Havoc song, a really great Lalo Schifrin track and some Billy Preston.

Comment

*boing-oing-oing*

Comment

yeah. Oh man, I really hope we get a chance to see it this weekend.

Comment

Dying to see this. Will probably go Monday since it's my day off. Not sure! AAARRGGHH!!!
                          "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                          *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Originally posted by Ari View Post
                            So awesome. Friday night I'll be seeing a new Tarantino film. I'm fucking stoked.
                            Oh so we are going Friday... Good to know
                            I'm Asian. I have naturally squinty eyes, which helps when reading small print/text.--Nerdious
                            Sasha Grey makes my willy do things that my balls are scared of.--Ari
                            Oh Wendy O. How she makes my balls climb into my scrotum.--Rob
                            She doesn't have a hippo shaped cock.--Ari

Comment

Yeah Sarah told us we need to go to a showing around 8:30.
                              Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                              John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Working...
                              X