Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wal-Mart: The Devil or just a fucking store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low prices = competition and happier consumers.
    The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
      Also, aren't they selling videogames for 10 bucks cheaper than everywhere else?
      Yup.

Comment

• Ain't nothing wrong with unions (per se). *looks at nerdious*
        We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
        - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Good to know. I don't shop there because even the new ones seem filthy, and the majority of the customers can go fuck themselves.
          Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
          Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
          POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• I'm a scab fo' life.

Comment

• That P&T episode was great. They're another retailer, and they happen to use their size to their advantage to influence global pricing and wages. I find it amusing that so many people think that they are the antichrist of retail.

I'll need to read that article on IKEA, though.

eta: ok, just read it. holy shit is that accurate.
              Originally posted by Martin
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              Originally posted by Martin
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Damnit. They are a necessary evil (just like big business). 40 hour work week? Vacations? Sick pay? These are things we have today because of unions. Can't hate on them.
                We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by Howard View Post
                  Damnit. They are a necessary evil (just like big business). 40 hour work week? Vacations? Sick pay? These are things we have today because of unions. Can't hate on them.
                  Full time employees have that though. And if you go to any other retailer, you'll find that all part time employees are the ones that get fucked.

Comment

• BUT BUT BUT BIG B IS SAVING AMURIKA BY SPENDING MORE MONEY ON CRAP HIS KIDS WILL OUTGROW IN A YEAR. DAMN THE MAN!
                    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Or instead, I'll be his personal shopper and pocket the rest of the money.

Comment

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                        Full time employees have that though. And if you go to any other retailer, you'll find that all part time employees are the ones that get fucked.
                        They wouldn't have them if not for the work of unions in the past.

Comment

• OKOK. I know full time employees have to thank unions (from yesteryear) because I know they're the ones that lobbied for better benefits. But in the end, people in the unions are the ones that get fucked if things don't work out they way the union leader plans it. And shit gets pushed back, and end up costing more.

Take Boeing for instance. There was a fucking huge union strike and when it came time for Boeing to consider another manufacturing plant, they chose a place where unions weren't present instead of the Seattle area.

Comment

• Not to mention the fact, that if unions got their way part-time employees would be eligible for benefits too. I know unions have their faults but they have done a ton of good for the modern worker. I'll give them a pass way before big business.

Comment

• Howard, are you a union leader?

Comment

• Nope (and not even a member of one currently). Just fresh on my mind. My dad is big on anti-union and we had a "debate" on this issue last weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X