Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wal-Mart: The Devil or just a fucking store?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nerdious? Are you a Wal-Mart lobbyist?
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Either that or he's Gordon Ramsey.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
        They also sell video games 10 bucks cheaper than anywhere else.
        I rarely buy games...as you can tell from my XBOX points...
        Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

• DO IT FOR YOUR KIDS. VIDEOGAMES ARE THE NEW TEESHURS!
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I'm trying to ween those fuckers off games...they are obsessed.

Comment

• Haha. No. But I find it fucking absolutely mind-bending that people will boycott Walmart when they're just doing the same thing everyone else is. Especially, when they're getting the facts wrong and still adamant about hating that one store.

I've worked retail, in the cash office (I sat around and counted cash) and yet I was paid $6.25 because that was what minimum wage was at the time. And because I wasn't a full time employee, I didn't get benefits. And even though that was my job title, I've been asked to clean a shit streak and bomb. I told them I'd quit right there and then, and let them find a new cash counter that night if they were serious. And this was at Target.

I'm saying that before you start hating, go fucking experience it for yourself and then make your judgement. Don't fucking be a sheep and blab about shit you don't know about. FFS.
              Last edited by nerdious dorkus; 01-04-2010, 02:38 PM.
              The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

• We all grew up on games, and we turned out fine. Except nerdious. That boy ain't right.

Comment

• I grew up on video games and pure hatred for morons.

Comment

• Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
                    Haha. No. But I find it fucking absolutely mind-bending that people will boycott Walmart when they're just doing the same thing everyone else is. Especially, when they're getting the facts wrong and still adamant about hating that one store.

I've worked retail, in the cash office (I sat around and counted cash) and yet I was paid $6.25 because that was what minimum wage was at the time. And because I wasn't a full time employee, I didn't get benefits. And even though that was my job title, I've been asked to clean a shit streak and bomb. I told them I'd quit right there and then, and let them find a new cash counter that night if they were serious. And this was at Target.

I'm saying that before you start hating, go fucking experience it for yourself and then make your judgement. Don't fucking be a sheep and blab about shit you don't know about. FFS.
                    So I guess your point is that you hate Target because they made you clean shit? At the end of the day were talking the same shit...all retail outlets suck, they fuck us and they fuck their employees harder. It's all a matter of choosing your poison. I prefer Target (because the people there aren't as creepy), you prefer Wal-Mart (because they never asked you to clean shit).

And for the record I worked as a dishwasher where one of my primary jobs was to clean bathrooms in an overpriced restaurant for minimum wage. I was also a bagger at Pavilions, and part of my job was to clean bathrooms for minimum wage...so I have been there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob View Post
                      We all grew up on games, and we turned out fine. Except nerdious. That boy ain't right.
                      I have to believe that their addiction is worse than ours...If it was up to them they would not play with any toys other than the old EGGSBOX

Comment

• Originally posted by BiG B View Post
                        So I guess your point is that you hate Target because they made you clean shit? At the end of the day were talking the same shit...all retail outlets suck, they fuck us and they fuck their employees harder. It's all a matter of choosing your poison. I prefer Target (because the people there aren't as creepy), you prefer Wal-Mart (because they never asked you to clean shit).

And for the record I worked as a dishwasher where one of my primary jobs was to clean bathrooms in an overpriced restaurant for minimum wage. I was also a bagger at Pavilions, and part of my job was to clean bathrooms for minimum wage...so I have been there.

You, sir, are not comprehending what I'm posting, apparently.

I'm saying all retailers treat their employees the same in regards to benefits and wages. And I never said they fuck consumers. Well, sometimes they do with prices. But whatever.

And I prefer the store that will give me what I ask for at the cheapest price, which is usually Amazon.

By the way: the only jobs in Southern California that will garner awesome wages at entry level is In-N-Out or Countrywide.

Comment

• Very true...so let's stop arguing about these fucking stores already. Gosh.

Comment

Working...
                          X