• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russ View Post
    BIG fan of bow ties.
    Originally posted by Howard View Post
    That's it!!
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Muse doing the soundtrack? FUCK YEAH!
      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Nice. The more I hear about this movie, the more excited I get for it.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I hope they do it. Man, that could be great.
          Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
          John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Only if it's in full-on 'Flash Gordon' mode. Please. PLEAAAAAAAAAAASE.
            Originally posted by Martin
            Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
            Originally posted by gravedigger
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
            And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
            Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

So did no one else go see this? I really enjoyed it. There was no pretense, no sweeping political or social commentary, just badass creature design, and some men on a mission. It seems like a lot of reviews have been beating the movie up for what it's not, instead of talking about what it is. I'm sorry, but the Bush administration is over people. We do not need to keep shoehorning in political undertones to every bit of escapist fantasy. Just sit back, enjoy the incredible cast (seriously, go check it out on IMDB, I was really impressed by everyone that is in this), and even more incredible creature design. The Djinn look like badmotherfuckers. I loved their "origin" in the film, and how they came to look like how they do. The only creature design I didn't love 100% was Medusa did look really plastic in some of the shots where she isn't as active, but the action sequence delivers.

The Gods are all killer. Hades' smokey surroundings and wings, Zeus' glinting armor, the floor of Olympus that is cloudy and made up of the earth below. The tiny one scene Gods played by great thespians (can Alexander Siddig please become a star?!). Just overall, ton of fun, with a cast that is elevating material with their skill.

Comment

really, really want to see this. In 2D. I just can't talk the wife unit into going and seeing it with me.

As to the reviews: it sounds like people who are seeing it in 3D are HATING it and people who are seeing it in 2D are kinda liking it.
                Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                Originally posted by gravedigger
                Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

All the reviews from 3D showings have been piss poor. Really hoping this begins the death knell for shitty 3D. I'm making a point to go and see 2D screenings for several reasons, but the biggest being that 3D isn't really done that well most of the time and not worth an extra $4 per person at the box office.

Comment

I was supposed to see this yesterday, but something came up. I might check this out next weekend - always up for some horkin' big monsters and epic adventure. If 2D's the way to go for this, so be it.

Comment

Rule of thumb: Just find out if the movie was shot in 3d or had it implemented during post-production. If it's post (like this) skip the 3d.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I saw this this past weekend (in 2-D). It's fun, but extremely dumb. Like, no plot and just moving from action scene to action scene dumb. It feels like there was a lot of character development cut out (or maybe it wasn't filmed in the first place). I love some of the designs (Mt. Olympus is great, love the kraken), I just wish there was more meat to it.

Also, did anyone else get the idea that they said "It would cost that much to make a God of War movie? That much?!? Well, how much is Clash of the Titans?"
                        "Can't you just magic it away?"
                        "No, no more than you can just 'science' it away."

Xbox Live & PSN Tag: wydren

Comment

Working...
                        X