The Great Hullabaloo: BOOKS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nerdious dorkus View Post
    I read Where the Wild Things Are when I was a child.
    HA! Look at the tard! You must eat at the Olive Garden, cell phone holster wearer.

Us cool kids read The Blue Dragon.
    "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Wait, what?

This?

Does that mean you just grew up not too long ago?
      The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

I brought that up because of the Where the Wild Things Are thread you pile of .

Comment

Dammit, that's not it. It was a children's book series that featured a kid going to this island. I remember one book having a Blue Dragon on the cover. Another had a lion with ribbons in its mane.

Either way, A Wrinkle In Time still doesn't make any goddamn sense.

And why am I pile of mace?

Comment

McFry...you flail.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
              McFry...you flail.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Flailing all over the place, Ed.

Comment

Thank you, for that wonderful bit of Engrish.

Comment

The Time Traveler's Wife. I started off reading a bunch of Murakami shorts, but figured I'd take a shot at this, and holy shit. It's pretty good.
                    "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                    *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

Really? I've always been put-off by the book (inexplicably). Maybe I'll pick it up and give it a spin.
                      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
                      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

So Howard, Dust of Dreams?
                        BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Have it (for a few weeks now) but haven't started yet. I also have Bauchlein & Korbal Broach too. Part of me wants to devour it and part of me wants to wait until I hear that he's finished with the last one. I have a feeling I am going to be impatient for the last when I finish DoD.
                          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

Also, I think that Sanderson really has revived my love of WoT. Halfway through so I won't recommend picking it up yet BUT at this point Sanderson would really have to drop the ball for me to not recommend.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                              Have it (for a few weeks now) but haven't started yet. I also have Bauchlein & Korbal Broach too. Part of me wants to devour it and part of me wants to wait until I hear that he's finished with the last one. I have a feeling I am going to be impatient for the last when I finish DoD.
                              Yes. You. Will. Be.

It ends in a cliffhanger. Sort of. It's not cheap or anything, but at least you start to get the big picture, and oh man is it brutal.

Haven't touched those Korbal books. I wanna get Return of the Crimson Guard and Night of Knives this Christmas. I WANT!

ANd I might get Sanderson's Warbreaker. It's a standalone novel (!!!), a rarity in the field.
                              BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Side note on WoT. In years past, I would re-read the last 2 or so before starting the new one (refresher). I didn't this time and was able to jump right into the book. Startling. So basically I'm saying if you haven't picked up the last few and wanted to start fresh then this is a good starting point as things are actually happening. Definite plot moving forward and issues getting resolved.

Comment

Working...
                                X