No announcement yet.

The Great Hullabaloo: BOOKS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool! I'll check out that Tarot title if you say it's legit.

And book 3 of the Gentlemen Bastards? COMING OUT IN OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!!!! MOAR LOCKE! AND MORE BONDSMAGI!
    BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• I still gotta start it! I ended up re-reading a bunch of comics on my Kindle while tipsy last night because I needed to finish SCALPED but I kinda didn't remember most of it so I restarted the whole series. I'll kick off Tarot today probs.
      "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
      *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
        Now, I'm halfway through Daniel O'Malley's The Rook. Haven't been into a book like that since the Lies of Locke Lamora. Wow. Instead of telling you what it's about, I'll be lazy and copy-paste the blurb. It's worth it though.
        The Rook was fantastic. Gripping and fun, the concept alone kept me going, but it's the execution that sold me by the end. Jake, it's a must-buy. Can the sequel come out now please?

Comment

• For reals, guys, do yourself a favor and pick up The Martian. It's the best book I've read in a long time. It's really funny, science-y, and flat-out thrilling. i finished it in just a few days. I couldn't put it down.

Comment

• Yep. Fantastic book.

Comment

• Currently reading Console Wars by Blake Harris. Fascinating stuff about the war between Sega and Nintendo.
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• neat. will check out

Comment

• Lesley bought me a Kindle for xmas so I'm currently reading NOS4A2. I wanted some horror I haven't read yet and I thought I remembered reading that this is being adapted into a movie or something so I wanted to get ahead of that.

About 200 pages in so far and it's so fucking odd. I hope it doesn't shit the bed.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• I tried with Joe Hill, but couldn't get into anything. I think I read 3 of his books. His style feels too much like his dad, which I also don't really care for.

Sarah got me a couple of the book hardcover fancy Hellboy collections. They're nice as hell. Tons of sketches and notes, which I always enjoy.

Comment

• I'm still really fucking digging NOS4A2 but then again I also dug the work he did on Locke&Key and I do enjoy his pops' work as well.

Definitely some creepy fucking imagery in this book.

Comment

• Finished NOS4A2 and really fucking liked it. It was so weird but worked for me. Especially the ending.

Can't wait for the AMC series as early reviews on the pilot are great.

Comment

• Strangely, I have become my father.

Reading a bunch of Harold Lamb historical and historical fiction (Khlit the Cossack is the fucking best) before jumping into Ambrose’s Crazy Horse and Custer and then onto Stalingrad.

Never could get into NOS. Tried several times but it never grabbed my attention.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin View Post

Now, I'm halfway through Daniel O'Malley's The Rook.
                            Grabbed this based on this old ass recommendation last night. Digging it so far.

Playing catchup now that I have a kindle and am sober. Turns out it's easier to read at night when you're not drunk as fuck or stoned as hell. I used to devour books back in the day, time to get that shit back up and running.

Comment

• That book is so great. Sequel too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• seems to hit the ground running. dig the dude's writing style so far.

Comment

Working...
                                X