No announcement yet.

Toys from your childhood you wish you had again or never had but wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wayne Foundation for my Mego World's Greatest Super Heroes. Never had it, but boy did I want it when I was a kid.

Also never had the USS Enterprise from their Star Trek line. Had all the figures, just no playsets.

Comment

One Christmas we drove from Michigan to my grandma's house here during a huge blizzard. Our car broke down on the side of the road multiple times. It was pure hell. BUT I received this watchgame prior to us leaving. It made the horrible trip worth it. I kind of want to play it again to see exactly what kept me sane during that horrible time.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I used to have a shitload of the Tiger LDC handheld games. They were great.

Comment

I wanted those games, folks would never buy me them. But then they were all shit when you think about it.
          "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed Hocken View Post
            I wanted those games, folks would never buy me them. But then they were all shit when you think about it.

Seriously, as a kid you didn't care man. Of course if you look back at them today they are shit. But then, it was the best thing ever. I feel bad for you.
            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I did have a Game Gear, but Sonic 2 was such a piece of shit. Makes me mad, *Slams fist on desk* MAD!

Plus I had an NES, SNES and Genesis. And my folks would let me rent games rather than buy them. Unless they were really special.
              "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

I used to have this...

Maddening game, but when I was a kid? WOW!

Comment

I thought that was some weird version of Stratego. How the fuck would you play D&D on that?

Comment

With great difficulty. If I remember right, you and your partner would start on different ends of the board, mapping the dungeon while looking for treasure. If you hit a wall, you'd put one of those orange pieces on the board, then move on in a different direction. On occasion, you'd find the dragon and had to fight or evade him. Otherwise, you'd keep mapping until one of you found the treasure. I think, once you did that, you had either won the game, or you had to get the treasure out before your opponent or the dragon got you.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post

The Wayne Foundation for my Mego World's Greatest Super Heroes. Never had it, but boy did I want it when I was a kid.

Also never had the USS Enterprise from their Star Trek line. Had all the figures, just no playsets.
                      This is so HOMO that it makes me want to be gay! When I was a little lad or lass, as my father called me, I would have wanted this Batman "Barbie" play house.

Comment

Haaah! Yeah, that's absolutely what it was - the boy's version of Barbie's Dream House - I'd recognize that structure anywhere!

I don't think any of the toys that made us the happiest were ever what you'd call "well-made", but so what? If the happiest times you ever spent as a kid were with a piece of pressed cardboard covered with cheap vinyl, then you were farther ahead of the game than many kids.
                        Last edited by Lisa; 05-04-2010, 11:38 AM.
                        2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

"Hey, pal, they ain't dolls! They're ACTION FIGURES!"

Yeah, that thing I posted looks so gay it should have a boyfriend, but when you were a kid back in the day... damn! 4 levels of excitement! Plus it's got a HELIPAD!

Comment

The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

My friend Jerry has that, boxed and on display. Dude's a hardcore collector of Turtle stuff - you name it, he's got multiples of it.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X