Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romero's "...Of the Dead"

http://voltagepictures.com/NewTitles...ected_title=64

Looks like it could be fun. I think I'm the only one that sorta dug Diary a bit, but the premise sounds neat:

On a small island off North America's coast, the dead rise to menace the living. Yet...the islanders can't bring themselves to exterminate their loved ones, despite the growing danger from those the once held dear. A rebel among them hunts down all the zombies he can find, only to be banished from the island for assassinating his neighbors and friends. On the mainland, bent on revenge, he encounters a small band of survivors in search of an oasis on which to build a new life. Barely surviving an attack from a mass of ravenous flesh-eaters. They commandeer a zombie-infested ferry and sail to the island. There, to their horror, they discover that the locals have chained the dead inside their homes, pretending to live 'normal' lives...with bloody consequences. What ensues is a desperate struggle for survival and the answer to a question never posed in Romero's Dead films: Can the living ever live in peace with the dead?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Could be cool. Maybe.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

I still have to see Diary, but this looks like it could work. I'll see any zombie film by Romero anyways.
      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

As long as they get someone else to write the dialogue.

Fuckin' hell was Diary atrocious on that level (although Drunk English Professor Guy sold the shit out of it).
        Me quick one want slow

Comment

I fucking loved Drunk English Professor Guy or DEPG! He was hilarious.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Rambo could learn a thing or two from that mofo. He shot the shit out that "annoying as fuck" chick's family.

Oh yeah...SPOILEERRREREREESRogerReeswasawesomeastheSh eriffofRottingham.

(Why there is a space ruining my Roger Rees-speak makes me a sad grammar-raping panda.)
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

But I <3'd Amish guy. I wish he would have stuck around.

Comment

Yeah, he was awesome.

That's the same dude who wore the pumps in the Dawn of the Dead remake.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

I will watch it...almost bought Diary the other day, but bought Speed Racer instead...I will purchase to complete my collection. And I will make an effort to check this out in the theatre...
                  Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

Still haven't seen Diary, as I've heard it's not so great, but:

Originally posted by Rob's quote View Post
                    What ensues is a desperate struggle for survival and the answer to a question never posed in Romero's Dead films: Can the living ever live in peace with the dead?
                    Wasn't this pretty much what Land of the Dead was about?
                    "Can't you just magic it away?"
                    "No, no more than you can just 'science' it away."

Xbox Live & PSN Tag: wydren

Comment

Yeah. Although this movie takes it to a new level apparently. Either way, more Romero zombie flicks are better than non-romero zombie flicks (Shaun excluded)

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
                        Yeah. Although this movie takes it to a new level apparently. Either way, more Romero zombie flicks are better than non-romero zombie flicks (Shaun excluded)
                        I actually liked the Dawn of the Dead remake, though I contend it was more a remake of Aliens. Although I agree, even if he's not as good as he was in the late 60's/70's, a Romero zombie movie is way better than most of the crap out there.

Also, fun drinking game. Watch any Romero zombie flick (or even the Dawn Remake) and take a shot anytime there's head damage.

Comment

Oh don't get me wrong, I fucking <33333 the remake and I hold it up with any of Romero's flicks. And people would die playing that drinking game. Especially in Day.

Comment

It's kind of sad when you think that the remake is what kicked off this current zombie trend, and no zombie film since has managed to be as good. I'd put that remake on par with Land, maybe even a little above it. Here's hoping WWZ and "...of the Dead" can match up.

Comment

Also, I need to stop by these boards more. I love the podcaust and this seems like a great place to hang out. DAMN YOU JOB AND MARRIAGE!

Comment

Working...
                              X