This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lesley View Post
    This I agree with - love the Blue album.
    Yeah, me too - him kicking the bucket is a shame in my book.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• I saw Weezer WAY back in 1994 when they opened for Lush at the Fastlane in Asbury Park. They were just getting noticed thanks to the Sweater Song, which was getting decent airplay on MTV and the local radio stations.

Comment

• Shit. George Baker died a few days back. He played Tiberius in I, Claudius back in the day, as well as other roles.

Comment

• The reaper has been busy. Needs to chill.
          Originally posted by Martin
          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
          Originally posted by gravedigger
          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Tim, why is your current avatar not Mars related?
            I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Temporary Halloween theme. He should use something from 'Doom' or 'Ghosts of Mars'. Or something...maybe 'Martian Chronicles'.
              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
              Originally posted by gravedigger
              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy225 View Post
                Shit. George Baker died a few days back. He played Tiberius in I, Claudius back in the day, as well as other roles.
                Bummer.
                Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Good catch, Iggy, and great ideas, Matt! I'll let the current avatar run out this week, and switch back to the Mars Rover Friday, whereupon I'll leave it to finish out the month.

Got November and December all set up, too!

Comment

• Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
                    Sometimes irrational hate just takes over mang.
                    I hear that.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                      Tim, why is your current avatar not Mars related?
                      HEY!!! Because *I* commanded everyone to switch to Halloween avatars for the month like the pushy, big-mouth harpy that I am!
                      2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

Comment

• David Hess.
                        Originally posted by Ari
                        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• And my day just got shittier...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/10/ar....html?_r=1&hpw

Yeah, she wasn't famous, or important, etc., but she was in one of my favorite scenes in my favorite movie, "Tootsie" (she played the producer of the soap opera Dustin Hoffman was in), plus, she was on "Law & Order" forever in a recurring role as a judge. PLUS, she's the one I ran into while waiting for the subway, when I asked her if she'd been in "Tootsie" - I nearly geeked the hell out on the poor woman, but I kept it together so as not to bug her (you guys already know that whole story).

I are sad...

Comment

• Originally posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post

The road does lead to nowhere.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
                              And my day just got shittier...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/10/ar....html?_r=1&hpw

Yeah, she wasn't famous, or important, etc., but she was in one of my favorite scenes in my favorite movie, "Tootsie" (she played the producer of the soap opera Dustin Hoffman was in), plus, she was on "Law & Order" forever in a recurring role as a judge. PLUS, she's the one I ran into while waiting for the subway, when I asked her if she'd been in "Tootsie" - I nearly geeked the hell out on the poor woman, but I kept it together so as not to bug her (you guys already know that whole story).

I are sad...
                              Yeah, from that awesome two-parter from L&O's first season where the John Gotti-like Don sets up Ben Stone. She was on The Practice a lot too if I remember correctly. She will be missed.
                              Originally posted by Ari
                              The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

• She was just amazing in "Tootsie", she just really was. In a movie with Dustin Hoffman, Bill Murray, Sydney Pollack and Teri Garr, she more than held her own in the scenes she was in. That end scene in the control booth where her lines and Dustin Hoffman's lines are over-lapping each other is nothing short of brilliance - the absolute best scene in the movie. 2:40 is where their lines overlapped, and man.... I just love that. It's brief, but it's one of the best little unsung moments in a movie full of fabulous stuff.

There was a thread - here or at DERP - about under-rated actors who we love, people no one knows about, and I talked about her. I told the story about how I recognized her in the subway, and I think I even talked about how sad I was going to be when she passed on. And I am, this really bums me out.
                                Last edited by Lisa; 10-11-2011, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X