No announcement yet.

The Great Hullabaloo: BOOKS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great series that looks like will never get finished. I've been waiting for years for the follow-up to Dance of Dragons. In fact, it's this author that has made me wait until a series is fucking complete before I pick up to read it.
    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
    - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• Yea, I am kind of sorry I got into Name of the Wind, the second book is coming March but it's already 2 years behind. 3 more books? Not fucking likely for Martin unless the reason this is taking forever is he is doing them all and releasing them bam bam bam one after another.

Comment

• Started Feast For Crows last night. Holy shit the epilogue of book 3 though.

Comment

• It's an ok book, but it's half a book, sadly... Jaime Lannister rocks though...
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• And I loved The Name of the Wind way more than I expected.

But the one true great book for me beside the Malazan books is The Lies of Locke Lamora. Holy shit do I love this. Ocean's 11 meet fantasy.

Comment

• Really love Name of the Wind, so much.

Jamie has become great since his..lessening. Tyrion remains my favorite though.

Comment

• Tyrion is so great in every books. And I like Snow too.

Have you seen the HBO previews? Staggering...

Tried Lamora?

Comment

• Done with The Way of Kings. Not bad at all. It's like Sanderson's going for a Malazan run of 10 books, which he is. However, 70% of the book is a setup for the great last 30%. It's a bit long to begin, but those last 200 pages are great.

Now, the Crippled God...

Comment

• FU Martin. #havingtowaitforthebooktobereleasedinthestates
                    We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.

Comment

• And Then We Came to the End by Josh Ferris.

Interoffice politics, relationships, and the minutiae of what happens to a small group of advertisers as their firm begins to migrate toward nonexistence.

The most interesting guy in the book has already left the firm at the point I currently find myself, and yet the interest in everything--however boring in real life--remains.
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Fuck. The Crippled God is delayed a month!!!!!!!! It wasn't shipped yesterday! March 25th! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!

Comment

• Still showing as a March 1st delivery here. Please, please, please let nothing happen to the US date.

Comment

• No clue. Heh, I'm gonna ravage this book when it's out. By that I mean fatherhood ravage: 1 month instead of 2...

Comment

• Got the new Rothfuss book from Amazon yesterday. Haven't even opened the box, because I want to finish Feast For Crows first.

Comment

• I've been reading One L by Scott Turow, which is a diary of his first year at Harvard Law School. I learned that I was right to have never EVER gone to law school.
                                "Everything is amazing right now and no one is happy" - Louis C.K.

Comment

Working...
                                X