Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > New Releases in the theater

New Releases in the theater Like paying 10 bucks a ticket and sitting with the mouthbreathers to watch a new film? Then post about it here

Old 10-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas
Default STAR WARS: EPISODE VII; INDY PART 5; HOWARD THE DUCK DEUCE; AND MORE

OK, so hell has frozen over. Disney has bought Lucasfilm and we're gonna get the final trilogy of films after all.

Speculation?
News?
Fantasies?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?
Old 10-30-2012, 04:54 PM

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

Personal hopes for EPISODE VII:

Lucas does not have any sort of veto power over the plot, cast, script, director, etc. He needs people to say NO to him.

Harrison, Carrie, and Mark get cameos to pass the torch, nothing more. They should not be the main characters.

I suggested Brad Bird on derp, and someone suggested it here as well. Make it happen.
Quote:
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Old 10-30-2012, 05:11 PM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

like you said, cameos only if needed. Or mentioned in passing. Would love it if they went the way of basing it around X-Wing pilots and the like.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:29 PM
Made Mr. T Cry

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Nope. Don't need it.
You have to understand, these are people who work hard for a living. They have tough lives. Structured lives. They work all day, then they have dinner, put their kids to bed, go to sleep, and get back to the set at five o’clock the next morning. Everything else in life except for dreams has rules.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:33 PM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

All I care is Joe Johnston gets his shot. He did Disney right with Captain America so maybe.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:24 AM
Has left the building

Ben Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurtsBen Thomas is so fucking epic it hurts

I honestly don't think there's a compelling story to tell from existing elements, so I'd like someone to go hog wild in that universe and just create something exciting, fresh and sexy. I'm not saying he'd be right for it or even interested, but imagine what someone like Guillermo could do - someone with design skills that knows how to write and direct a well-structured, meaningful story.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:28 AM
Fleshlight King

BillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandasBillyG is a god amongst pandas

So, does Spielberg finally get a chance to make his Star Wars movie?
Old 10-31-2012, 07:25 AM

As happy as I am for STAR WARS, I'll have to be brutally honest and say that I'm really, really hoping for for more INDIANA JONES films. Recast the role with a 35ish actor and go nuts. Finally do THE FATE OF ATLANTIS.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-31-2012, 07:26 AM
Fleshlight King

Indiana Jones is the thing I hope they stay away from. Star Wars has a huge massive universe to explore. Indiana Jones is very small. Harrison Ford/Occult/Nazis makes Indy. I don't think I could get over someone else playing Indy.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:35 AM

As far as I'm concerned, Indiana Jones should be the new James Bond. Make 5-6 pictures with each actor and then recast it, keep it going.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-31-2012, 07:37 AM
Fleshlight King

Bond works for me because I buy into the idea that Bond/007 is a code name, not a person. Indiana Jones is just too tied to Harrison Ford for me.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:38 AM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

I'd be down with a movie version of Fate but I'm with Billy. Indy isn't Indy if it's not Harrison Ford.

WHERE IS OUR HOWARD THE DUCK REBOOT?!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:38 AM
Fleshlight King

WILLOW BITCHES PECK PECK PECK
Old 10-31-2012, 07:39 AM
Fleshlight King

And let's be honest, Harrison Ford wasn't really Indy in Crystal Skull.
getting ready for summer

Yep.
getting ready for summer

I'd still like a movie with Mutt to be honest. I like Shia. Harrison can cameo.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:08 AM
Made Mr. T Cry

Captain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The FaheyCaptain Russ is as epic as The Fahey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
As far as I'm concerned, Indiana Jones should be the new James Bond. Make 5-6 pictures with each actor and then recast it, keep it going.
No.

Be happy with what you got.
You have to understand, these are people who work hard for a living. They have tough lives. Structured lives. They work all day, then they have dinner, put their kids to bed, go to sleep, and get back to the set at five o’clock the next morning. Everything else in life except for dreams has rules.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Russ View Post
No.

Be happy with what you got.
No. Removed from the Beard's control and given to the right people, we could get some phenomenal adventures.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-31-2012, 08:38 AM
<-----THIS!

Ari is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurtsAri is so fucking epic it hurts

Matt, you're insane.

As for Star Wars, do something with the next gen Skywalkers & Solos. A small role for Hamill and maybe a cameo by Ford. But whatever it is, it needs a strong STORY. Flashy FX don't mean shit anymore.

Actually, just start episode 7 with the destruction of Naboo. Millions of Guangans screaming out in terror as they are wiped from the galaxy. Then the rest of the film could be dancing ewoks and I'd still see it 10 times.

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:39 AM
getting ready for summer

I really want a "Black Hawk Down" type of movie set in the SW universe. Could be fucking awesome if done right.