Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > New Releases in the theater

New Releases in the theater Like paying 10 bucks a ticket and sitting with the mouthbreathers to watch a new film? Then post about it here

Old 02-17-2015, 01:27 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

I'm with Tim. Spider-Man has always been my favorite so I was bummed when Garfield took him from being a nerd to a jerk. Parker was supposed to be "punchable" because he was a timid science nerd, not a smarmy asshole. That's why becoming Spider-Man was such a release for him. I do think Garfield was great as Spider-Man but he was basically the same guy with the mask on and off.

And I am one of the folks who enjoyed the Webb movies even though the stories weren't great.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:28 PM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

Which raises another good point. Old school vs. Ultimate version of character.

I can see the problem with Garfield not being an uber nerd as Parker.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:30 PM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

I never picked up on smarmy asshole from Garfield. I identified with him as Parker. Shit. I AM THE SMARMY ASSHOLE.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:32 PM
Shut up, crime!

gravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandasgravedigger is a god amongst pandas

Hahaha, YEP.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:36 PM
getting ready for summer

hahah, it all makes sense now.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:42 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Garfield is a shit actor, Maguire only understood one aspect of the role. Still, he did the best that he could given that Raimi shot them as Superman movies.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 02-17-2015, 01:45 PM
Shut up, crime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson View Post
Maguire only understood one aspect of the role.
This is a good point. I think he got the hang of it by the third movie but, yeah, that one isn't so good.
Old 02-17-2015, 01:49 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
This is a good point. I think he got the hang of it by the third movie but, yeah, that one isn't so good.

I've thought about these films way too much. So, I tend to stay out of these conversations due to now wanting to piss out any campfires.

That being said, Spidey has always sucked to a degree on film.

Garfield's not smarmy, he's overcompensating. Smarmy is a whole other world onto itself. Walter Peck is smarmy, Andrew Garfield is fucking someone out of his league.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 02-17-2015, 03:03 PM
is a Ginormous Thing.

Timothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandasTimothy225 is a god amongst pandas

Maybe that's what it was re: Garfield - that he might've tried a bit too hard. Also, I rather liked that Raimi shot his films like Superman; they were comic booky and a bit camp, but that was precisely what made them work for me. They didn't take themselves too seriously.

Rob, excellent point re: Classic vs. Ultimate. I like 'em both, I even dig on seeing a Miles Morales Spidey flick or TV show (Netflix?), but if push comes to shove, I'm an old school comic fan. I grew up with Classic Spidey/Parker, so I'm biased towards that.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:45 AM
getting ready for summer

Carnage to be the bad guy in Venom?

Ok sure why not?