Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People  

Go Back   Brain Dead Radio: A Garbage Place for Garbage People > General Category > New Releases in the theater

New Releases in the theater Like paying 10 bucks a ticket and sitting with the mouthbreathers to watch a new film? Then post about it here

Old 04-21-2017, 08:38 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Guardians 2 shit. (including one that I feel fucking stupid about)

Spoiler: Guardians 2 spoilers 

Winter 2016, I get a tip from ATL set that Stallone has signed on with a bunch of other actors to play the original comics version of the Guardians. I see a pic of a Stallone sized guy in a Charlie 27 costume. I run with it.

Cut to January of this year and I have Marvel press people swear that Stallone and Rosenbaum are playing Sam Alexander and Rich Ryder.

Cut to 4 of my pals have seen it and press leaks now confirm:

Sylvester Stallone is Starhawk (male version)
Michelle Yeoh is Starhawk (female version)
Ving Rhames is Charlie 27
Miley Cyrus is Mainframe
Michael Rosenbaum is Krugar

and Michael Rooker is the original Yondu. I guess the team going away turned him into a redneck.

I feel dumb because I let Marvel PR fake news throw me off the trail.

But, what about Sharon Stone who shot? Well, word around the campfire is she's playing Jan Van Dyne in Ant-Man and Wasp. Her brief work was to shoot some early stuff for that movie.

Nathan Fillion still has an image cameo as Simon Williams, but he's leaking pictures showing that he was set to play Arkon in film.

The original Guardians are reintroduced later in the film as new Ravagers. Still not sure how that works. But, that's why those guys are signed on for multiple movies.

Click here to visit AndersonVision!
Old 04-21-2017, 08:48 AM
Alles Klar Herr Kommissar

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

Spoiler response

Spoiler: spoiler 
Cool that they got Sharon Stone to play Jan Van Dyne. It makes it a BASIC INSTINCT reunion of sorts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravedigger View Post
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin View Post
And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?
Old 04-21-2017, 08:53 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Anderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandasAnderson is a god amongst pandas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Spoiler response

Spoiler: spoiler 
Cool that they got Sharon Stone to play Jan Van Dyne. It makes it a BASIC INSTINCT reunion of sorts.

Spoiler: The way I'm seeing it. 

She shot on the bluescreen stage during GOTG production with Gunn helming. She has to be in one of the 5 post credits scenes.

Early press only got 4, but public will get all 5.

I'm going to miss all press screenings due to Derby Festival commitments. So, I'll see with the masses to get all 5 scenes.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:08 AM

Matt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandasMatt is a god amongst pandas

I'm just glad that the word is stellar for it. Even my wife is waaay, waaay pumped to see it, which usually isn't the case on these comic films (although she's also very excited for WONDER WOMAN).

Speaking of which, what's the buzz on WONDER WOMAN?
Also, is KING ARTHUR pretty much dead on arrival and being written off? It sure seems like it.
Quote:
Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
Quote:
Old 04-21-2017, 09:36 AM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:
I'm just glad that the word is stellar for it. Even my wife is waaay, waaay pumped to see it, which usually isn't the case on these comic films (although she's also very excited for WONDER WOMAN).

Speaking of which, what's the buzz on WONDER WOMAN?
Also, is KING ARTHUR pretty much dead on arrival and being written off? It sure seems like it.

Wonder Woman is being played close to chest.

The only film I have time for next week due to everything is King Arthur. I had to sign a 4 page PDF about embargoes in order to get in to see it. (thanks a lot Jeff Snider)

Old 04-21-2017, 09:47 AM

Any thoughts as to what's going to be 'the surprise' breakout hit of the Summer? Any surprising buzz as to a film that's really set to defy expectations and over-perform? Just curious.

Also curious as to what the major flops are going to be. We've already had GHOST IN THE SHELL but that won't be the last. Besides KING ARTHUR, I'm also wondering if THE MUMMY is being set up to fail.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-21-2017, 10:34 AM
getting ready for summer

Abraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The FaheyAbraham Smashington is as epic as The Fahey

I want the Mummy to do gangbusters. I want my goddamn Black Lagoon flick.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 04-21-2017, 02:01 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:
Any thoughts as to what's going to be 'the surprise' breakout hit of the Summer? Any surprising buzz as to a film that's really set to defy expectations and over-perform? Just curious.

Also curious as to what the major flops are going to be. We've already had GHOST IN THE SHELL but that won't be the last. Besides KING ARTHUR, I'm also wondering if THE MUMMY is being set up to fail.

None so far. It appears to be a pretty even keel summer.

Old 04-21-2017, 09:48 PM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

So Guardians 2 is the shit? NICE!
Old 04-24-2017, 10:15 AM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Location: Somewhere around the moon, New York City and your sister
FilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandas

We're seeing King Arthur later week.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
We're seeing King Arthur later week.
Can't wait to hear about. Depending upon what you hear/read, they ended up filming the movie 2 or 3 times.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-24-2017, 11:07 AM
CHONG LI! CHONG LI!

Martin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandasMartin is a god amongst pandas

It looks SO FUCKING BAAAAAAAAAAAAD.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:11 AM
Allergic to dumbfucks

FilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandasFilmNerdJamie is a god amongst pandas

Promotion with AMC theaters. Should be able to get in.
Old 04-24-2017, 12:55 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Who wants Guardians 2 spoilers?

Old 04-24-2017, 12:57 PM
Allergic to dumbfucks

Go for it.

Word is starting to get more mixed.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:03 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Go for it.

Word is starting to get more mixed.

Spoiler: I'm keeping an eye on early negative word, as I no longer trust those people. I mean, fuck...REALLY? You hate this. REALLY?!? 

Yondu dies. I really liked him, but he gets a proper send-off and his impact on Starlord makes far more sense.

The gold people (Jason Pollock's girlfriend plays one of them) make sense in the MCU. However, it's going to make introducing Adam Warlock in Vol. 3 (thank you post credit scene) kinda hard.

The diorama of Ego fucking random women in human form was awesome.

Stan Lee is a Watcher apparently. The scene in which he tells the other Watchers about what's happened from Iron Man 1 until now is funny.

Groot is a video game playing teenager by the end of this.

Stallone reforms the original Guardians. This plot seems like it got sliced and diced in editing.

You do see the traditional Ego the Living Planet by the end of the film. Kurt Russell is more just a planetary offshoot meant to lure women to Ego.

Old 04-24-2017, 01:10 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

While today's screening was a surprise for me.

Spoiler: Apparently, our Aussie team got busy. 

Old 04-24-2017, 01:22 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Spoiler: Discussing film with others and I apparently I missed some shit. 

Stan Lee isn't a Watcher. Just an alien giving the Watchers info in order to get back to Earth.

Ego caused the brain tumor that killed Star Lord's mom.

The Grandmaster and a fuck ton of others are in the end credits dancing to the Guardians music.

The Hasselhoff Disco theme is amazing.

Also, Howard the Duck cameo at the bar near the start of the film. Sounds like they got Seth Green back for the voice.

Even more shit apparently I blanked on: Rosenbaum is Martinex not the Krugarr guy.

Last edited by Anderson; 04-24-2017 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:26 PM
I Am Always the Octopus.

Spoiler: One of the social guys put this together, but this is about the most accurate GOTG 2 plot I've seen. 

GOTG are on Sovereign planet doing a job. They complete it and their payment is a captured Nebula. When they leave the Sovereign discover that rocket stole some batteries which are worth a fortune.
Sovereign go after the GOTG while Rocket and Quill fight over the pilot position. They're eventually saved by a random ship which blows up the Sovereign. The GOTG crash on a planet.
The ship from before lands, it's Ego and Mantis. Ego reveals himself and they talk overnight. Eventually Peter, Drax and Gamora go back to his home planet (Mantis bonds with Drax).
Meanwhile the Sovereign queen hires Yondu and his crew to capture the GOTG and bring back the batteries. Starhawk also shows up and reveals that Yondu broke the Ravager code. They don't take jobs involving children (when Yondu took Star-Lord).
The following day Peter and the others arrive on Ego's planet and learn about his history. He's a celestial. As time went on he took form as a brain. Then built a shell around him which became a planet. Then he made a bodily form to explore the universe. Peter learns he has Celestial powers like Ego.
Meanwhile the Ravagers show up and attempt to capture Rocket (who is looking after Groot and Nebula). Rocket defeats the Ravagers until Yondu shows up. Yondu shows reluctance to hand the GOTG over to the Sovereign so his crew turns on him. Nebula also frees herself and shoots Yondu and Rocket.
Taserface who led the mutiny against Yondu begins killing the Ravagers that sided with Yondu. Rocket, Groot and Yondu are kept prisoner. Nebula takes a ship and leaves. In captivity, Rocket and Yondu bond. Groot and Kraglin (Yondu's 2nd in command) help them escape. They also get a prototype finn for Yondu's head which is taller (looks kinda closer to his older comic one but not as 60's). They head to Ego to rescue Peter and the others. Before his death, Taserface contacts the sovereign fleet.
Nebula arrives at Ego's planet and tries to kill Gamora. Revealing that as kids Thanos would have them fight. The loser would have a body part replaced with cybernetics. Nebula always lost. Eventually through fighting they bond and form an uneasy truce. They also discover a graveyard full of bones.
Mantis and Drax bond and she starts to tell Drax about Ego's plan before Gamora interrupts and tries to force it out of her.
Ego reveals his plan to Peter. Ego has been planting seeds that will terraform various worlds, making them a part of him. But he needs more celestial power in order to complete his plan. Thus he went around impregnating women so they'd be born with his powers. Yondu would then collect them after birth and bring them to Ego. However none of them could harness the power correctly until Peter. The other children were killed (The bones Gamora and Nebula found).
Ego uses his power to control Peter as he continues telling his plan/story. When he gets to the part about Peter's mother though, it breaks the connection. Ego deliberatly caused Peter's mother to die.
Meanwhile Mantis tells what she knows of Ego's plan to Gamora, Drax and Nebula. Rocket, Yondu, Groot and Kraglin arrive and the Guardians reunite
The sovereign fleet shows up to kill/capture the Guardians. Mantis reveals to the team that if they want to defeat Ego they need to destory his core at the center of the planet.
They battle with the sovereign fleet while Groot plants a bomb. The guardians escape except for Peter (and Yondu) who fights Ego by becoming a Celestial Pac-Man. The bomb explodes and kills Ego, the planet collapses. Yondu sacrifices himself by giving the last oxygen suit to Peter and taking him as high as possible into space.
The Guardians (including Kraglin and Mantis) give Yondu a funeral. The other Ravager factions led by Starhawk among others arrive to pay their respects as Peter reflects on family. The Guardians (including Yondu) are his family now. Kraglin gives Peter a Zune with 300 songs which Yondu was keeping for a special occasion. Peter gives Kraglin the arrow that Yondu used.

Old 04-24-2017, 01:56 PM

A Zune? OK, that'll earn a laugh.
Quote:
Quote: