Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nirvana vs. the world

Originally posted by IggytheBorg
    Krolly looks like someone that will get interviewed by Sam Dunn on an ep of Metal Evolution w/ the caption: BMIchaelKrol, Bass, Some80'sThrashBand, commenting on how Nirvana came along and ruined it for REAL metal, Maaaaaan.
    What's funny is when I read this I was watching a Nirvana concert filmed in 1991 and thinking how their shit didnt age well.

As for the Ravens cap, I got it in Baltimore when I was cold.
    Visit my blog! BMichaelKrol.Wordpress.com Leave vulgar comments!

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Originally posted by BMichaelKrol
    What's funny is when I read this I was watching a Nirvana concert filmed in 1991 and thinking how their shit didnt age well.

As for the Ravens cap, I got it in Baltimore when I was cold.

I was starting to like you. Between the Ravens shit and ragging on Nirvana, I just want to Biff Tannen you.
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Put a double coat of wax on his truck?
      "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
      - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
      http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
      http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson
        I was starting to like you. Between the Ravens shit and ragging on Nirvana, I just want to Biff Tannen you.
        Sorry pal, but speaking as a person that was there and part of it (I was at the very first show on their In Utero tour), Nirvana is vastly overrated. They were important for killing metal and bringing punk back into the mainstream, but as for their material...most of of isn't great.

I always said that if Cobain's big beef was that he didn't want to be famous, all he had to do was release a fourth record. Nirvana would be the Warrant of the 90's absent his suicide.

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Sorry pal, but speaking as a person that was there and part of it (I was at the very first show on their In Utero tour), Nirvana is vastly overrated. They were important for killing metal and bringing punk back into the mainstream, but as for their material...most of of isn't great.

I always said that if Cobain's big beef was that he didn't want to be famous, all he had to do was release a fourth record. Nirvana would be the Warrant of the 90's absent his suicide.

You're still wrong about Nirvana. However, I'd love to hear your bullshit defense of the Ravens.
          My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson
            You're still wrong about Nirvana.
            Actually, I'm not. But I'd love to hear your bullshit defense.

However, I'd love to hear your bullshit defense of the Ravens.
            Anquan Boldin is on the team, and I've dug him ever since he caught for 187 yards in his debut game. Furthermore, I lived in Pittsburgh and I hate the Steelers, so it seems natural.

As for the hat, I was in Baltimore and I was cold. Ergo, I bought a hat.

Twitter.com/bmkrol

Comment

Originally posted by B_Metal
              There's still no excusing being a ravens fan. Eww
              AHEM

A-FUCKING-HEMMMMMMM
              "DO. DO lots of cocaine. DO."
              - Relationship Guru Matt.

Check out my music, if you please:
              http://soundcloud.com/musicisgreen
              http://cmillermusic.tumblr.com/

Comment

hey guys check it out it's another ravens fan with balls stuck in his throat

(just kidding I don't even watch hockey)
                "Here, young man, your hormones are raging. Let's go in this bedroom, and we'll engage in some homosexual acts. You'll find you like it." - Rep. Ken Peterson, R-Billings

"You're born alone and you die alone and this world just drops a bunch of rules on top of you to make you forget those facts. But I never forget. I'm living like there's no tomorrow, because there isn't one." - Don Draper

~
                *RATED BEST POSTER OF 2011 - CHIPOTLE FAN FORUMS*~

Comment

HAHAHAHAHA.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Shit Dickface
                    hey guys check it out it's another ravens fan with balls stuck in his throat

(just kidding I don't even watch hockey)

Never stop the funny, Weapon X.

Comment

Actually, I'm not. But I'd love to hear your bullshit defense.

Anquan Boldin is on the team, and I've dug him ever since he caught for 187 yards in his debut game. Furthermore, I lived in Pittsburgh and I hate the Steelers, so it seems natural.

As for the hat, I was in Baltimore and I was cold. Ergo, I bought a hat.

Metal isn't dead and Nirvana didn't kill it. However, they did alter the pop music scene for the better at a key moment in history. It's not Cobain's fault that American metal never got back to the same place.

If we're going to call loud thrash and glam metal the pinnacles of a musical movement, then your argument is fucked before it even began.

But, your argument was fucked before that when you started pulling the Old Man Music card out. You're not Lester Bangs, so back it up a little better than telling a story about you went to a concert in 1993.

Comment

I love glam metal.
                        Me quick one want slow

Comment

Never got into Nirvana. Give me Alice in Chains or Soundgarden any day.
                          Originally posted by Martin
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Can't stand Soundgarden except for a handful of songs. Something about Chris's voice just doesn't do it for me. That being said, pop on Rusty Cage and I'll go all Road Rash on your ass.

NIRVANA 4 LYFE.
                            "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Russ
                              I love glam metal.
                              I love the Glam metal bands that actually had talent and musical skill. Most of that scene was all about 'the look' instead of the music, and there were far too many shitty bands with big poofy hair at the end...it deserved to die. It doesn't deserve the level of scorn that it receives, though.
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Working...
                              X