Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
    4. The Cars - s/t

A greatest hits album without the label. Through and through, it is a relentlessly catchy pop record that I have yet to tire of, and this is after twenty plus years of hearing it. While I love their entire catalogue, this one is just so perfectly constructed and written that it is the one I'd take to the oft-discussed desert island.
    Yep, good call. It's flawless.
    Originally posted by Martin
    Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
    Originally posted by gravedigger
    Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
    Originally posted by Martin
    And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
    Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Rhett Miller's the main dude.

I guess "Timebomb" was pretty big (I distinctly remember that from all of the Clay Pigeons promos), as was most of their really poppy Fight Songs album, where "Murder (Or a Heart Attack)" came from.

The one I usually cite is "Big Brown Eyes."
      Me quick one want slow

Comment

They are from Texas, after all.

And you might enjoy this one:

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jr6Pj-t3RMU?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="510" width="640"></iframe>
        yeah, I dig that more than the ones I listened to. Good stuff.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
          Yep, good call. It's flawless.
          *Carsfist*
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Rhett Miller's the main dude.

I guess "Timebomb" was pretty big (I distinctly remember that from all of the Clay Pigeons promos), as was most of their really poppy Fight Songs album, where "Murder (Or a Heart Attack)" came from.

The one I usually cite is "Big Brown Eyes."
            I saw him open up for -redacted- around 10 years ago. Just him and an acoustic guitar. Think he closed with an old 97's tune.
            Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
            Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
            POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

In no particular order as I love them all.....

Johnny Cash - American Recordings IV, most will point out Hurt on this album but there are at least 6 other songs on there that I can listen to at any time and enjoy. I love the feel of this record as you can really get a sense of where Cash's head was at during the recording.

Ray LaMontagne - Trouble, from start to finish this one has a soulful charm to it that I just can't turn down. I hold an emotional attachment to some of the material due to my familiarity with it coming around the same time my second child was born. To me this guy sounds like a younger Joe Cocker.

Tool - Aenima, my go to album when I just want to clear my mind and "jam" I still prefer the extended version of Pushit that came with the Slaival release later but the original still holds up for me.

Tool - 10,000 days, yeah I know. I'm a total fanboy when it comes to Tool and I'm sure some will complain about the mix on this one as Maynard's voice is almost in the background for the entirety of the album. Wings for Marie and 10,000 days are probably the standouts on this for me, but I still enjoy Vicarious, Jambi as really great rock songs.

Wu Tang Clan - 36 chambers, good gawd this album always brings me back to high school and driving around doing shit else other than jamming and wasting gas money. Are there better rap albums? I'm sure but I love this one and can listen to it at any time, well any time the kids aren't around. Lulz

I acknowledge my musical tastes are not super eclectic as some of you but these are my favorites.
              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
                I saw him open up for -redacted- around 10 years ago. Just him and an acoustic guitar. Think he closed with an old 97's tune.
                Awesome.

He's a pretty affable guy in person, and his solo output isn't too bad either. Reminds me of Ryan Adams, if Adams could hold a tune.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

FUCK YEAH TO 36 CHAMBERS
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

I was totally expecting Significant Other as a joke entry...
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

3dollar bill yall is better. haha

Comment

I dislike this list as I don't feel it fully represents my tastes and it is subject to change blah blah

The Who - Who's Next
                        Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
                        Black Sabbath - Sabotage
                        G'n'R - Appetite For Destruction
                        QOTSA - Songs For The Deaf

Way too heavy and way too much classic rock, but there ya go.
                        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

IT's not supposed to fully represent your tastes. Russ's list isn't filled with bands that have banjos in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                            But Josh, I think we can all admit, is, in point of fact, like a chainsaw.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

I was totally expecting Significant Other as a joke entry...
                              Originally posted by Buffington Headcheese View Post
                              I thought about putting one in there but I figured someone would take it seriously.

I really hate limiting it to 5 because it's hard to nudge out some, hell I could easily add 5 or 10 more that I love almost as much.

None of them would be Limp Bizkit though.
                              "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Exactly. It's supposed to be fun not taxing. just 5 albums you can listen all the way through. I guess the title may be misleading.

Comment

Working...
                                X