No announcement yet.

The Nintendo 3DS thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the first system not to have a Mario/Luigi game to come out. I'm a sad.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I don't remember a new Mario game being released with the launch of the DS in 2004. I would've snagged it right away (bought the system on the first day)! Super Mario 64 DS doesn't count.

Comment

64 DS does count though. They had added a ton of new features into it.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

This may be blasphemy, but I don't like Super Mario 64. Never felt like a Mario game to me. But I understand how and why it revolutionized 3D gaming. I guess I'm really, really old school in some aspects of gaming. Still prefer the 2D era when it comes to hardcore platforming (e.g. Mega Man, Castlevania, Ninja Gaiden, etc.).

Comment

WUT WUT WUT

Comment

Also, if you have a Wii and you don't already own it, GO BUY DONKEY KONG COUNTRY RETURNS right now. Best platformer in years.

Comment

Darn. Don't have a Wii. I've been craving a balls-to-the-wall platformer for awhile now. Mega Man 9 & 10 have been the closest to satisfying my needs, but they're too fucking hard for their own good. Or maybe my skills have just deteriorated to an infinite degree.

Comment

I still can't fathom someone who doesn't' dig on Mario 64. I mean, granted I don't like Zelda 64, but Mario was amazing IMO.

Comment

Yeah, I dunno. I remember being in awe when I first played it. Never saw graphics like those and a free-roaming environment to play around in. And then after a week or so, I just got incredibly annoyed by the camera. It felt more like a chore to get all of those stars than anything else. Ultimately, it just wasn't very fun for me.

Comment

wow. that sucks.

glad I talked Lesley into keeping her DSi.

Comment

Soon, they'll remove backwards compatibility and issue standard definition remakes of DS games.
                        "With all the dick sucking and butt fucking jokes we make, this is the gayest thing ever posted on BDR. Even Howard cringed from behind his laptop playing Gilmore Girls." -BillyG

Comment

Not good. The main reason I am buying one is BC my DS broke.

Comment

I held off on the 3DS primarily because of warnings of eye strain. Also, WHO THE FUCK WANTS TO PLAY A GAME FOR 15 MINUTES AT A TIME?!
                            The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

I thought those warnings were shot down or only for like 5 year olds?

Comment

Not really.
                                The infamous Naruto pictures. SafAri.

Comment

Working...
                                X