Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you have for dinner last night?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, you only go 'round once, Bill. Enjoy your sumptuous repast today. Sunday, work your ass off lifting, running, gettin' swole. Burn them calories, burn off the fat, tone them muscles, get the ladies all excited.

Comment

• I slathered a steak in a wet rub made from 3 oz. of de Arbol chiles, a whole head of garlic and a bunch of other spices. It was called recado negro, because most of the stuff in it is blackened before being processed into the paste. The chiles made a burning cloud of invisible fumes that made me cough and sneeze. had to open the backdoor for a few hours. I had planned to grill it, but it started raining hard about dinnertime, so I ended up pan frying it. I shook a lot of the spice paste off it before I did so, because I saw a lot of big chunks of the de arbols still clinging to the steak. Even so, it brought the fumes back with a vengeance. My wife was two rooms away coughing and sneezing and yelling "What the fuck are you MAKING!?" It was good, but spicy as hell. I would recommend this for a true chile head, but blacken the chiles and cook the steak outside.
      I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• had some lamb patties in a red sauce with garlic rice from Blue Apron last night.

not bad. A bit too acidic but the rice was really tasty.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• The chilled chicken Ramen can suck my balls. Fucking gross.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

• Really? I dug it, just needed to be spicier. But I also didn't eat it chilled aside from blanching the green beans.

Comment

• nah, that shit was wack and fuck that stuff.

Tasted like ass and chilled ramen can fuck off.

Comment

• I made some rigatoni in scratch made marinara. A take off on Buddy Valastro's recipe. 5 Cloves of garlic sauteed in olive oil, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, 3 frozen basil cubes and a generous shake of dried basil, and a slightly less generous shake of dried oregano, salt and some grinds of black pepper. Simmered for about 2 1/2 hrs, as opposed to Buddy's 20 minutes. Good stuff if I do say so myself.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Shit Iggy. I need some Italian food.

Comment

• the summer veggie gnocchi we had last night was fucking AWESOME. That's gonna be added to our rotating list of tasty dinners except I'll be making the gnocchi by hand going forward.

Comment

• Slow cooker cavatelli and broccoli. A quick and easy weeknight dinner with jarred basil Alfredo sauce, 4c of fresh broccoli, and a frozen bag of cavatelli (as well as 2 garlic cloves sauteed in olive oil).

Comment

• Made some scallops tonight for dinner. Perfection.
                        Originally posted by Martin
                        Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                        Originally posted by gravedigger
                        Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                        And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                        Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Russian pork shashlik. Pork kebabs marinated overnight in salt, pepper, coriander and a whole lot of onion. Chow.

Comment

• CHEESE STEAAAAAAAK

Comment

• Originally posted by IggytheBorg View Post
                              Russian pork shashlik. Pork kebabs marinated overnight in salt, pepper, coriander and a whole lot of onion. Chow.
                              Holy shit! Get out of my brain! We went to a Russian restaurant last night (Moscow on the Hill in St. Paul) and that's exactly what I got for dinner!
                              Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                              Originally posted by gravedigger
                              Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                              And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                              Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• BDR bourbon chicken with garlic rice. so goddamn good.

Comment

Working...
                                X