Enemy Mine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enemy Mine

Anybody remember this movie? Dennis Quaid and Louis Gossett Jr. stranded together on an alien planet. I loved this movie as a kid and haven't seen it in at least a decade. The basic gist of the movie is: A soldier from Earth crashlands on an alien world after sustaining battle damage. Eventually he encounters another survivor, but from the enemy species he was fighting; they band together to survive on this hostile world. In the end the human finds himself caring for his enemy in a completely unexpected way.

I just loved the tagline for this movie

"Enemies because they were taught to be. Allies because they had to be. Brothers because they dared to be."

I think I'll still enjoy it based on that line alone.

I remember watching this with my dad alot back on HBO in the day (so I'm not sure if it's just nostalgia or if it is a decent movie), and I still think Gossett's makeup looks badass. Plus who doesn't love grizzled Dennis Quaid?
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Re: Enemy Mine

I caught this on tv a few years ago and got hooked. I didn't see how the two of them ended up on the planet together, but that didn't deter my enjoyment with it. I'd love to watch it again all the way through.
    Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
    John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

This is definitely one of my all time favorite sci-fi movies. Mainly for nostalgic reasons like having used to watch it with my brother a lot back in the day. I can still crack my brother up imitating the Drac chanting.

Comment

Shit man, how about when Dennis Quaid has to cut open Gossett's stomach to get out the baby? That shit fucked me up as a kid. I have got to watch this movie again soon.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
        X