My Top 10 of 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillyG View Post
    I didn't see nearly enough movies this year.
    Same here, I don't know what happened to me. I used to see a movie every week way back. 15 years ago, Devin would have had no problems with me!

Originally posted by B_Metal View Post
    To me a horse is a mode of transportation.
    Do you see car movies? I'll bet you saw "Gone in Sixty Seconds" or "The Fast and the Furious". What about "Speed" - that's a form of transportation. "Breaking Away" - bikes. And don't tell me the countless people walking in movies don't get you excited, I won't believe it!

(And no, I have no interest in seeing "War Horse", but I just want to give Josh a rough time)
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
      I can't express how much I disagree with this. Tintin had Speilberg's fingerprints in every part of it, to the degree that a Jackson-directed follow up is completely undesirable to me.

I also think its the single best use of motion capture animation to date, perfectly bridging the gap between cartoony enough and photo-realistic enough to completely absorb the viewer into what is on screen, rather than how.
      My main problem with Tintin is that it's a completely shitty, dated and bland character written by a old racist fuck. Mind you, I'll have to see it, in French, cause it's the way to go, but I have a strong dislike of it from the start.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

Cowboys and Aliens? Really? I'd love to hear why.
        Didn't see that was still on there. Other then looking good it had no real redeeming value. Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
          I fucking hate horses.
          Nice. You made Clip Clop, the Horse with Human Feelings, cry.

As for Jeremy...

Comment

Originally posted by Lisa
            Do you see car movies? I'll bet you saw "Gone in Sixty Seconds" or "The Fast and the Furious". What about "Speed" - that's a form of transportation. "Breaking Away" - bikes. And don't tell me the countless people walking in movies don't get you excited, I won't believe it!

(And no, I have no interest in seeing "War Horse", but I just want to give Josh a rough time)
            Look at Lisa throwing up the softballs. Simple answer. Yes I do watch the kinds of movies you've listed. HOWEVER I didn't give one tiny percent of a fuck if the car got scratched or what car they drove because you see, THE CAR WAS JUST A MODE OF TRANSPORTATION.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

I can't express how much I disagree with this. Tintin had Speilberg's fingerprints in every part of it, to the degree that a Jackson-directed follow up is completely undesirable to me.

I also think its the single best use of motion capture animation to date, perfectly bridging the gap between cartoony enough and photo-realistic enough to completely absorb the viewer into what is on screen, rather than how.

Andy Serkis makes so much movie of that movie passable. Spielberg has his fingerprints only on the action sequences. Everything else feels like filler. Moreso the shit with Daniel Craig.
              My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Sorry, but that statement just doesn't hold up for me - if you didn't like the film, fine, but its Spielberg's film. Look at the way he infuses EVERY SINGLE SCENE with some kind of visual representation of how each character's perception is different (there are so many images of eyes or reflections separating out a character or concealing a piece of information, I don't know where to start), which is exactly what he did when tackling a film like Minority Report. Speilberg made this film his own and also shows George Lucas what Indy IV should have been at the same time.
                I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Sorry, but that statement just doesn't hold up for me - if you didn't like the film, fine, but its Spielberg's film. Look at the way he infuses EVERY SINGLE SCENE with some kind of visual representation of how each character's perception is different (there are so many images of eyes or reflections separating out a character or concealing a piece of information, I don't know where to start), which is exactly what he did when tackling a film like Minority Report. Speilberg made this film his own and also shows George Lucas what Indy IV should have been at the same time.

So wrong. You were almost winning me over until you brought up Indy IV. Everything that went wrong on Indy IV ends and begins with Spielberg.

Fridge.
                  Monkeys.
                  Shia.

All Spielberg.
                  My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Comment

If Spielberg and Ford hadn't had to convalesce to Lucas, that would have been a very different film. Not saying they don't share the blame, but not no reason is it (in my opinion) the worst film in Spielberg's career.
                    I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

If Spielberg and Ford hadn't had to convalesce to Lucas, that would have been a very different film. Not saying they don't share the blame, but not no reason is it (in my opinion) the worst film in Spielberg's career.

Have you seen 1941 or The Lost World?

Comment

All this Indy IV discussion (here and Red Letter Media review) reaffirms my hesitance for The Hobbit.
                        Originally posted by Ari
                        The only thing I want to tell her vagina is nomnomnomnomnomnomnomnom

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                          Have you seen 1941 or The Lost World?
                          1941 has several genius visual gags in it and Lost World has at least one excellent set-piece in it. Also, I've watched each of those films more than once.

Indy IV still loses on all counts. Hook and Always are the only films in his body of work that come close. I fucking hate Hook and Always is beneath him, but Tintin should not be discussed in the same sentence as any of these films.

Comment

Working...
                          X