My Top 10 of 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Top 10 of 2011

Just so I have to look at it and I'm forced to do my write-up.

1) Hugo
    2) War Horse
    3) Drive
    4) Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
    5) The Descendants
    6) We Need To Talk About Kevin
    7) Shame
    8) Young Adult
    9) Rise of the Planet of the Apes
    10) The Artist

Runners-up:

11) A Dangerous Method
    12) Midnight in Paris
    13) The Skin I Live In
    14) Melancholia
    15) Super 8
    My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

I didn't see nearly enough movies this year.

Comment

Favorites of 2011

Still need to watch

January

Unreleased
      Last edited by PHEDG; 12-23-2011, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Cowboys and Aliens? Really? I'd love to hear why.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

A top 5 for me:

1- Drive
          2- Attack the Block
          3- 13 Assassins
          4- Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
          5- Hanna
          BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

I reject Troy's list for the notion that a Horse movie is in the top 10. I don't care if it's the greatest Horse movie ever.*

*I'm sure it must be good if you've ranked it that high, I just can't get into a freaking horse movie.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

You fucking horse racist.

Comment

I have no sentimental attachment to horses at all.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

YOU BLATENTLY DISCRIMINATE HORSES.

And honestly, that horse is probably a better actor than Channing Tatum.

Comment

I KNOW the horse is a better actor than Tatum. I still don't care enough to watch horsey movie. To me a horse is a mode of transportation.

Comment

I fucking hate horses. And War Horse looks like a big pile of boring.
                      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I can clearly picture Rob and Josh hatefucking a dead horse for the sake of it....

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                          I can clearly picture Rob and Josh hatefucking a dead horse for the sake of it....
                          Don't judge us.
                            Spoiler: LulzNSFW 

Comment

Originally posted by Abe Smashington View Post
                            I fucking hate horses. And War Horse looks like a big pile of boring.

Trust me...I've earned the right to hate horses for eternity. That being said, it's a solid flick and marks Spielberg's continued return to form following Tintin. The problem with Tintin was that you can't quite tell how much was Jackson and how much was Spielberg. Some scenes yes, some scenes no. Also, the whole Uncanny Valley.

That being said War Horse is warm-up to Lincoln. If Spielberg can keep this grand scale in place for that flick, then this was worth it.

My only beef with the film is that the shit in England pales when compared to the rest of the movie.
                            My readers come to me for my thoughts and opinions. I've built myself into a brand

Click here to visit AndersonVision!

Comment

Originally posted by Anderson View Post
                              The problem with Tintin was that you can't quite tell how much was Jackson and how much was Spielberg. Some scenes yes, some scenes no. Also, the whole Uncanny Valley.
                              I can't express how much I disagree with this. Tintin had Speilberg's fingerprints in every part of it, to the degree that a Jackson-directed follow up is completely undesirable to me.

I also think its the single best use of motion capture animation to date, perfectly bridging the gap between cartoony enough and photo-realistic enough to completely absorb the viewer into what is on screen, rather than how.
                              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

Working...
                              X