John Carter (of Mars)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Stupid View Post
    I know I'm being an armchair speculator, but maybe they will bring the sub-heading to the sequels?
    As much as I would like this to succeed, it most likely won't...

so any sequels will be DTV and feature inferior actors.

Comment

I liked that immensely.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Another complaint about the music for a perfectly good trailer?
        "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Only from one of the superfans.

At least it isn't fucking Tool.
          Me quick one want slow

Comment

Tool, making Rers's dreams wet for 10 long years.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Hey, I calls 'em like I hears 'em. The music for this wasn't knocking me out as much as I hoped it would - didn't scream epic adventure like the John Carter stories do. Again, just an opinion, your mileage may vary, live and be well, buy bonds.

Comment

I understand the disappointment such a thing can bring, all of those thoughts and images you've had dancing in your head for years being crushed under the mismanagement of the audible, but the craftsmen in charge do not.

Sorry Tim. All I can offer is an incredibly unsatisfactory consolation, that at the very least, they did not use a metal soundtrack.
                Me quick one want slow

Comment

I hope they use nothing but metal, but not the actual acts, cover bands doing metal. Of course it will suck but this whole "Trailer music not epic enough for me" thing really doesn't make sense to me. Now if the actual movie's music sucks for you then I get that. But a trailer?

Comment

You misconstrue the entire point of this tide of dissatisfaction with the selected music.

When it crops up, the nearly universal reason is that it simply does not match the visuals, the tone, nor the premise of what is being marketed.

It smacks of laziness at best and at worst as a fundamental misunderstanding of the general purpose of a trailer on the part of those responsible.
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

I understand the reason given for the dissatisfaction. I don't understand anyone thinking it's a huge deal. It's a trailer. Might there be some music that is just way fucked up for the trailer? Sure, I just haven't seen any that were that big of a deal. Or maybe I just misconstrued something.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Stupid View Post
                        You misconstrue the entire point of this tide of dissatisfaction with the selected music.

When it crops up, the nearly universal reason is that it simply does not match the visuals, the tone, nor the premise of what is being marketed.

It smacks of laziness at best and at worst as a fundamental misunderstanding of the general purpose of a trailer on the part of those responsible.
                        Agreed emphatically. Again, I was just expressing a personal opinion (not saying it was right or wrong, just an opinion), just as I did with the trailer for M:I4. I didn't think the music they used for that trailer worked well to promote that film, just like I thought the trailer music they used for John Carter wasn't what I would've gone with (I personally would've went sans vocals for JC, just stick with an instrumental, like LOTR did. I did like the music when it hit the crescendo, though, and mentioned that before).

Neither one of those trailers, nor the music chosen, was a deal-breaker for me. John Carter had me the moment I knew it was getting made, M:I4 I was waiting for DVD or cable, unless the reviews were outstanding. It's just the music for the trailers wasn't what I personally would've gone with.

Back on track - I did like the tribal patterns on Dejah Thoris (I think it was her) in the one clip. That was a cool embellishment to the character design; indeed the whole design of this flick looks spot on to what's mentioned in the books, but more gooder.

Comment

http://www.slashfilm.com/john-carter...r/#more-118211

Japanese trailer for the film. Some new shots, including a lot of stuff on Earth.
                          Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
                          Originally posted by gravedigger
                          Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
                          And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
                          Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

Amazing what ten minutes will do to your perception. Feels like a throwback adventure movie already.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4HaE5Zs8dAY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hahaha, it really fucking freezes on that shit? Oh rumham.
                            Last edited by Captain Russ; 03-04-2012, 10:33 PM.
                            Me quick one want slow

Comment

Yeah, that was shit tons better than the ads make it look.

Comment

I've never read the books, so are they really Neverending Story: Mars?

Comment

Working...
                                X