Whale Wars on Animal Planet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whale Wars on Animal Planet

A bunch of clueless hippies on a boat in the Antarctic trying to stop a Japanese whaling fleet. This show is completely insane. I fully expect everyone to die by the end of the season. There's one smart girl on the show, who was in the Navy, and it appears no one listens to her.

Currently, they got in a bad storm and the stupid captain said, "hey, lets get closer to that huge iceberg and wait out the storm!" The navy girl thought this was a bad idea. What happens? The crazy winds blow all the smaller ice chunks around the boat and now it's trapped. Oh yeah, and the boat is not rated to be around ice AT ALL. The cameraman in the belly of the ship said "fuck this, see you guys later" and bailed because you can see the hull move at leave five INCHES every time they hit an ice chunk. There's two poor bastard newbies who have been told they need to stay down there and plug any leaks that might pop up. Fucking redonkulous.

I always end up missing this. I keep hearing hilarious things about it though.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

I want to watch this show but that damn theme song turns me off everytime. *shudder* "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" by Smashing Pumpkins
      We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
      - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

That's the theme song?! HAHAHA. William Corgan needs to go away.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Hurts my soul everytime I hear it (the song). Unfortunately my sig other loves SP. It's taken everything in my power to keep him unaware of this show (so that I can keep my eardrums unsullied).
          We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.
          - Francois de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Haha. I miss Gish.

Comment

gotta watch this show...season 1 was pretty cool. The fucking captain is supreme asshat. There was already a thread for this somewhere...
              Instagram: thepatronsaintofcheeseburgers

Comment

I've watched this season. Really, not much happens per episode. They make a big deal outta stuff, but it's all fancy editing and shit. They've only attacked one Japanese boat so far this season.
                Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Aren't they only one show in so far?

Comment

No clam hat, it's been around 5 episodes.

Comment

FUCK MY DVR!!!!. I only have one episode recorded...THOSE SUMSABITCHES.

Comment

These fucking dopes. Seriously. There must be zero training that happens before the captain lets these morons on the boat.

Comment

Cant wait to see the damn whale wars boat sink and the little raft boats go head on to a harpoon boat because they where knocked down by the IRad
                          "Can't really bench press anything when you're sporting less than an inch, it's common with Asian males... FUCK!" ~ nerdious

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson

Recipient of "The Best Post of the Day Award" : 1

Comment

Japan is royally fucked now:

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...rap&id=7205194

Comment

Bob Barker will personally kill any Japanese person who kills whale.

Comment

Working...
                              X