Battlestar Galactica Prequel Gets the Go-Ahead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlestar Galactica Prequel Gets the Go-Ahead

SCI FI Channel has given the go-ahead to "Caprica," a prequel of "Battlestar Galactica" in the form of a two-hour backdoor pilot. "Battlestar Galactica" is concluding its 3?-year run with 20 final episodes this year. Its "Caprica" prequel begins production in Vancouver in the spring. Ronald D. Moore and David Eick, the executive producers of "Galactica," will join with Universal Media Studios to work on "Caprica." Rene Aubuchon will co-write the "Caprica" pilot with Moore, and Jeff Reiner will direct it. Casting begins soon.

this is what wikipedia has to say about the new series, which could or could not be true -

Caprica will be set on the fictional planet Caprica around fifty years before the events depicted in the 2004 re-imagined series. The show will revolve around two families, the Adamas and the Graystones, the building of the Cylons, and the beginnings of the Cylon War.

Re: Battlestar Galactica Prequel Gets the Go-Ahead

This could be incredibly cool, or horribly bad.

I'm looking at you Star Wars Prequels.

As long as they don't try shoehorning everyone in then I'm down. But the moment we see Baltar's grandfather hanging out with Chief's uncle or something, I'm done.
    "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ry=14&id=57977

Trailer for Caprica.

Fuck, I have no idea how I feel about this. At all. But Eric Stoltz is in it. So it has that for it. At least I think that's him. I dunno...
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

Comment

Yep. That's Stoltz. I don't know either. Could be cool. Not holding my breath. And did I see full-on tit in that trailer?
        Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
        Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
        POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

You thought so too? Weird. I dunno, I had something completely different in mind when I first heard about this. In fact it wasn't until he said "My name is Adama" that it clicked that I was watching the preview and not a preview before the preview.

Comment

Looks interesting, but I thought the Cylons looked really roboty at first, and didn't disguise themselves as humans until much later. I hope this sticks to established continuity.
            Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
            John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Yeah. That's what I was confused to as well. Maybe it started as a "A.I. David" type robot then shit goes down and people are all like: " Aw Hell naw. Robots need to be looking like robots, ya dig? Now get that robotic real doll outta here. We gots to get to the pyramid ball game stat. Word"

Comment

Yeah, I think the replacement child robot/cylon is brand new secret technology at that time. Should see old-school chrome toasters. Right?

Comment

We better. That was the whole point of the pilot of the new series...

HOLY FUCK THEY LOOK LIKE PEOPLE!

Comment

I'm sure I'll watch the beginning of this, but it had better have plenty of wow factor, other wise I'm out. The breaking up of the last few seasons of BSG have really drained my patience.

Comment

Yeah, I'm glad BSG is ending. I don't want to see it streched out too far, and the breaking up of the seasons is damn annoying, even if everyone is doing it nowadays.
                      Blog Time! http://plasticlovin.blogspot.com/

Reporter: "Is Ringo Starr the best drummer in the world?"
                      John Lennon: "Ringo isn't even the best drummer in The Beatles."

Forget it Viet, it's Hockentown. - Russ

Lord Hocken's gaze was that of the Green Horned Mindraper.

Comment

Anybody else been watching this? I'm still not sure how I feel about it. It's very uneven. Definitely not digging the uncle/Bill storyline...
                        Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

Nope. Haven't touched this.

Comment

Working...
                          X