The Invention of Lying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Invention of Lying

Pretty disappointing. Good bits, but very spotty. Like it wasn't sure what kind of movie it wanted to be. Or big parts were cut out. And Garner looked kind of weird at times. Tons of cameos though.
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Oh, and this too. Quoted from a poster at CHUD:

"I had a moment of worry that Gervais had softened things a little, but things kept building and building and then suddenly he drops a satirical bombshell that...well, it's the kind of thing that could get him lynched in certain quarters. Unbelievably ballsy and uninterested in playing nice..............After that the movie sort of collapses into a soggy romantic comedy when it should be continuing with the premise..........."
    Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
    Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
    POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

Garner looks plastic in the trailer, maybe her makeup? I thought the rom-com shit would weigh this thing down.
      "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Good deal. This will be a rental.
        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Gervais's American shit always seems to suck. I have high hopes for Cemetery Junction though.
          "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

It's a shame too because he's better than his US output.
            "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

Originally posted by Rob View Post
              Good deal. This will be a rental.
              That's pretty much how I summed it up to a friend..."Don't waste the money, wait for the dvd or HBO." Very uneven. Wasn't paying attention to Garner's 'plastic-y' face, but I thought she did pretty well with what she had to work with.
              Mortal Sin is a registered trademark of the One Holy Catholic & Apostolic Church. Hallelujah. ~Iggy

Comment

Working...
              X