No announcement yet.

The Kickball Stadium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who was that that sprayed water on Fergie?

Comment

- Insert obligatory congratulations to ManU here -

Apart from that, here is something from back home you might enjoy Bobby. Neven Subotic, defender of Dortmund (This guy will be going places! You might even welcome him in Old Trafford in the coming years..), celebrating the championship of Dortmund spontaniously with random people in the streets.

I find it rather heartwarming to see players celebrating like this! Does stuff like that happen abroad as well?

Comment

Over here, we tip over buses... burn things... occasionally shoot people.

Y'know... because we love our teams!

Comment

Thanks for the congratulations, Jan!

Originally posted by Jan View Post
          Apart from that, here is something from back home you might enjoy Bobby. Neven Subotic, defender of Dortmund (This guy will be going places! You might even welcome him in Old Trafford in the coming years..), celebrating the championship of Dortmund spontaniously with random people in the streets.

I find it rather heartwarming to see players celebrating like this! Does stuff like that happen abroad as well?
          Oh, of course, mate! I'm delighted to say my beloved Teddy Bears (that's Glasgow Rangers to the uninitiated) celebrated their latest League triumph in similar fashion when Vladimir Weiss - on loan at Ibrox from Man City - led the singing with some Bluenoses, as seen here!

Speaking of the Old Firm, boo @ the guy in the back wearing the Celtic top in the Dortmund video. Boo-urns, even!
          "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Yay! For the love of the game! Splendid.

Is Mr. Weiss going back to ManCity next season as player Nr. approximately 57 of their squad? Not to belittle Mr. Weiss mind you, rather curious about the next shopping spree of ManCity before Financial Fairplay will turn into effect. Not that there aren´t many ways around those rules anyway.

Anyway, to sour all our mouthes a bit prior to the big final, here is a very interesting BBC doc (How the hell do I embedd videos here?) about FIFA and their cronies.

Or, like the interwebs would say: Word!
            Last edited by Jan; 05-27-2011, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post
              Anyway, to sour all our mouthes a bit prior to the big final, here is a very interesting BBC doc (How the hell do I embedd videos here?) about FIFA and their cronies.
              This is gonna be good.

Thanks for the heads up, Jan.
              Me quick one want slow

Comment

Weiss' future is still uncertain, Jan. Rangers want to keep him - and he's said himself he wants to come back - but City might well want to hang on to him now. There's also the matter of his fee/wages.
                "The bear is a solitary animal. They like their space. They live in a magic circle. They don't mind if you're, like, a mile away. But if you get inside their circle, they will maul you." - Anonymous

Comment

Sicker than a dog. Still.

Comment

Amerifans,

THE FIXTURES SCHEDULE IS HERE
                    Me quick one want slow

Comment

• And to think it was only a year (and ten days) ago that we were hearing it.

Just a year (and ten days).

I miss it already...

<iframe width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-E6ljLSOkbY?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                      Me quick one want slow

Comment

• Ohhhhh..Vuvuzelas. The bane of last summer.

Luckily this shit is not common here. Especially considering we got the FIFA Women World Cup 2011 kicking of soon.

And we are getting drowned in Hype over here. We even had a special "Tatort" (the longest running local crime series over here which is pretty much mandatory for many people) featuring our ladies, Jögi Löw and stuff. The horror!

Anyway, long rambling short: Anyone even heard about this "event"? Or even more, anyone loosely interested in this?

Comment

• Nope.

And nope.

I'll be over here, looking at the transfer window.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• United States vs. Panama

<table style="width: 100%; background-color: transparent" class="vevent" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td rowspan="5" class="summary" align="right" valign="top" width="15%">June 22, 2011
                            19:00 (18:00 UTC−5)
                            </td> <th class="vcard attendee" align="right" valign="top" width="24%">United States </th> <th align="center" valign="top" width="13%">v</th> <th class="vcard attendee" align="left" valign="top" width="24%"> Panama</th> <td style="font-size: 85%" rowspan="2" valign="top">Reliant Stadium, Houston
                            </td> </tr> <tr style="font-size: 85%"> <td align="right" valign="top">
                            </td><td align="center" valign="top">
                            </td><td valign="top">
                            </td></tr></tbody></table>Honduras vs. Mexico

<table style="width: 100%; background-color: transparent" class="vevent" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td rowspan="5" class="summary" align="right" valign="top" width="15%">June 22, 2011
                            22:00 (21:00 UTC−5)
                            </td> <th class="vcard attendee" align="right" valign="top" width="24%">Honduras </th> <th align="center" valign="top" width="13%">v</th> <th class="vcard attendee" align="left" valign="top" width="24%"> Mexico</th> <td style="font-size: 85%" rowspan="2" valign="top">Reliant Stadium, Houston
                            </td> </tr> <tr style="font-size: 85%"> <td align="right" valign="top">
                            </td> <td align="center" valign="top">
                            </td> <td valign="top">
                            </td> </tr> </tbody></table> Final

Main article: 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup Final
                            <table style="width: 100%; background-color: transparent" class="vevent" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr> <td rowspan="5" class="summary" align="right" valign="top" width="15%">June 25, 2011
                            21:00 (18:00 UTC−7)
                            </td> <th class="vcard attendee" align="right" valign="top" width="24%">Winner Semifinal 1</th> <th align="center" valign="top" width="13%">v</th> <th class="vcard attendee" align="left" valign="top" width="24%">Winner Semifinal 2</th> <td style="font-size: 85%" rowspan="2" valign="top">Rose Bowl, Pasadena</td></tr></tbody></table>
                            Last edited by PHEDG; 06-22-2011, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post

I'll be over here, looking at the transfer window.
                              Best part of football in Tournament-less summers, indeed!

Comment

• *sigh*
                                Me quick one want slow

Comment

Working...
                                X