Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
    We're planning on buying all of them and watching one a weekend until we finish.
    That is a fun way of doing it, because they're kind of long.
    2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lisa View Post
      That is a fun way of doing it, because they're kind of long.
      Except for #3 which is around 90 minutes of pure bliss. LOVED that one.
      Originally posted by Martin
      Who the fuck is Kellan Lutz?
      Originally posted by gravedigger
      Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.
      And who the FUCK is Peaches Geldof?
      Kellan Lutz's girlfriend?

Comment

• Phoenix is still my fave. The first and last 20-30 minutes are incredible. HBP was damn good too.
        I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• POA and OOtP are Teh Awesomzes.

(And sure, sure, because of The Oldman - My Imaginary Husband always brings it - but they were great in their own rights.)
          2012 Avatar Theme - LADIES FROM THE GOLDEN AGE OF HOLLYWOOD. January: Ava Gardner.

INSTANT HAPPINESS - just click!

Comment

• PoA is the only one, apart from the first one, that could legitimately stand on its own. It doesn't rely on a whole lotta THIS IS THE STORY SO FAR crap to enjoy it, unlike the other ones.
            Basically what I'm saying is that, based on what I've watched so far, we should all listen to Matt more often.

Comment

• Can't argue with that.
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• Whoa...

For a minute there, I thought I was logged onto a Harry Potter message board.

If so, where's the slash section?

Comment

• I did set the DVR to record HBP...that's the only one (apart from the new one) that I haven't seen yet.

Comment

• Its strong, Matt. Arguably the best looking of the films, Broadbent is excellent, the young Tom Riddle stuff is aces and there's some pretty brutal stuff in it. You'll like it a lot, I should think.

Comment

• Law Abiding Citizen.

I'd love to get my hands on a pre-shooting version of the script and see if it was always fucked. Cos the first hour is pure greatness. Smart, brutal, suspenseful.

Around about the time there's a rocket launcher on wheels, the whole thing starts to fall apart. Which is a real shame, cos its arguably some of Butler's best work and Gray pulls off some pretty great scenes, not least of all the two most shocking murder scenes.

And that makes me wonder if there was always the increasingly flawed final act. I suspect not, but I could be wrong. If it was tampered with, well, I'm sure its been quoted a thousand times before, but it bares repeating: "Motherfuck F Gary Gray".

Comment

• Well F. Gary Gray is a competent director that turned into a studio hand. I have a feeling the FUCKED last 5 minutes was a studio change.

Comment

• Sure.

I just wanted to crow bar in that quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by McMeatbag View Post
                            The fif one, much like the book, was less than the Rock.

You have been warned by an assistant Potterfag.
                            Motion seconded by vice assistant Potterfag.

Comment

• I just got through watching Robin Hood. I had high hopes for this film and thought it would be right down my alley- I would have been right only if my alley was one of boredom. This was not good. It dragged-it needed an editor and a tighter story. And Cate Blanchett as Marian- ugh like watching Katherine Hepburn as Maid Marian. I thought this movie was going to go for a more accurate historical version-ah...no not that either. Please note-if I have just drowned please do not give me a frenchy. The one thing I did like was Russell Crowe got some of his buddies from Mystery Alaska with him in this film. Now Mystery Alaska ,there was an enjoyable film.

Comment

• Centurion. A gory good time.

Comment

Working...
                                X