Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Emmanuelle Movie Did You Just Watch?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Martin View Post
    Tombstone is THE SHIT.
    This comment got me wondering: Does Canada have a Western/Cowboy tradition like the US does? I'm not familiar w/ the history of Canadian settlement/expansion; did it basically start in the East & spread West, like ours did, making the Western half of the Continent the last frontier?
    I like the way the line runs up the back of the stocking.

2012 Avatar Theme: Jan-Red Borg. Feb-Red Borg, Mar-Red Borg, Apr-Red Borg, May-Red Borg. Jun-Red Borg. Jul-Red Borg. Aug-Red Borg. Sep-Red Borg. Oct-Red Borg. Nov-Red Borg. Dec-Red Borg.

Comment

• Yup, but not as strong. Alberta has a LOT of cowboys. It's our Texas.
      BACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACONBACON

Comment

• Calgary is Houston with snow. Seriously, there's a fucking CRAZY population of Texans up there because of the oil sands.

Comment

• ZERO DARK THIRTY

What a film. Gripping throughout with one of the tensest final acts I can remember for quite some time. I'm fully in love with Chastain now too - as well as playing every moment note perfect, she seemed to get hotter and hotter as the film went on.

But it's all about Bigelow and while I think she's got 3 near masterpieces to her name (Near Dark, Point Break, Hurt Locker) this is almost inarguably her finest film to date.
          I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• *pulls up on tricked out, fixed-gear Union Jack-emblazoned Huffy*

Oh Reginaaaaaald...

...I DISAGREE!

*pedals away into oncoming traffic*
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

• With the idea that it's Bigelow's best, that she has a number of near-masterpieces to her name or that ZD30 is phenomenal?
              I experienced an invasion of my mind by a transcendentally rational mind, as if I had been insane all my life and suddenly I had become sane.

Comment

• I'm with Russ, ZD30 was not that great, and Chastain did OK at best for me. The raid was decent but it just all felt so hollow to me. Granted that's just my .02 and I'm no film expert, I just didn't get all the hype.
                "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I had a lot more invested in and a lot more physical and emotional reaction to Zero than to Django, as incomparable as the individual films are.

Comment

• That's cool. I'm not even sure why but for some reason I just couldn't connect with ZD30.
                    "Fuck Rob. Also, he has a podcast called Podcaust. Edgy Holocaust humor lulz indeed." - The Faraci

Comment

• I dug it. Trying not to think about plot holes. Did that enough with Prometheus. Chastain is tasty. Best acting was the marker on the window stuff and associated scenes.
                      Touch it. Touch my fuzziness! It's like petting a kitten!
                      Now drop the pants and take the bacon!
                      POUTINE AND CELINE DION FOR EVERYONE!!!!

Comment

• Watched The Rundown this morning. Fucking love that flick still. The Rock is such a badass.
                        "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Thomas View Post
                          With the idea that it's Bigelow's best, that she has a number of near-masterpieces to her name or that ZD30 is phenomenal?
                          The latter. Zero was devoid of much beyond the raid sequence, and it sidesteps major (RE: dramatically interesting) aspects of what really led to that adrenaline-pumping moment of triumph for the cypher of a main character.

Seriously, the most compelling scene you can think to render leading up to what the film built up as "The Greatest Manhunt of Our Time" is a fucking talking-head haggle on percentage of certainty?

That was awful. As was her fellow cake-baking crusader.

Too much fell flat for me to really give it much more than a pat on the shoulder for Bigelow's ability to craft tension and stage UNDERSTANDABLE ACTION SCENES UNLIKE THAT CUMSTAIN MICHAEL BAY, but not much else when it comes to an exercise in painting in the lines.
                          Last edited by Captain Russ; 01-26-2013, 03:04 PM.
                          Me quick one want slow

Comment

• I don't know if I'm just easily pleased, but I was gripped all the way through.

Comment

• Speaking of easily pleased, I just saw Lawless.

NAKED CHASTAIN! I wasn't anticipating that, but it was a pleasant surprise.

The flick as a whole was enjoyable enough, most Hardy and Pearce were both good fun and Ellis and Cave delivered another solid score. What I don't get is why LaBeef was cast - I don't have as much of a problem with him as some, but he was totally out of place here - and why Gary Oldman was in it. If you've seen the trailer, you've seen half of Oldman's screen time. I appreciated the impact of the violence, but I'm not sure that it amounted to much overall - an entertaining enough story, but a slight one. Jason Clarke's building a nice career out of morally hazy scruffs though, isn't he?

Comment

• Originally posted by Abraham Smashington View Post
                                Watched The Rundown this morning. Fucking love that flick still. The Rock is such a badass.
                                Can't wait till Fast 6 and G.I. Joe come out. SO MUCH BADASSERY

Comment

Working...
                                X