Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New DMB album- June 2, 2009. And first Summer '09 tour dates!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, I would say that for about 97% of what plays on radio these days.

I like how the comments on the YouTube page have finally evolved into "that guy who spazzes out is a total douche".

Comment

Cross-post!

Album art. I like it. It's no BTCS or Crash, but it's nice.

Also, Billboard has an interview and preview video up. The video has some new audio in it, different from the video on dmband.com with the spazzy douchebag. "Sister" must have been reworked into a new song?

Comment

I love the album art. But I am also biased. I saw that they had been posting parts of it on facebook - it's nice to see it as one piece.
        If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

You can get the first single for free at their site for a week. www.dmband.com It's not great but it's still better than 99% of the shit I hear on the radio every morning.

The pre-order bonus is hot shit, too. Free copy of the next Live Trax release, the 8.9.08 Alpine Valley show. Awesome!

Comment

oh snaps!!!! I must pre-order!
            If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

OH SNAPS!
              "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Oh snap, indeed!

And that makes it three snaps (and a twist)!

Comment

Pre-order!

Dave Matthews Band’s highly anticipated first studio album in four years, Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King, is scheduled to be released on Tuesday, June 2nd. Big Whiskey is available for Pre-Order through Friday May 29th as the following:
                  • CD – 13 tracks ($14.99) or Digital Download ($9.99)
                  • CD + documentary DVD entitled Scenes from Big Whiskey $19.99
                  • Big Whiskey on Vinyl! Double gatefold 180 gram 2 discs $17.99
                  • Super Deluxe edition in a special box which includes the 13 track CD + extra tracks, Scenes from Big Whiskey DVD, Photo book, and Lithographs featuring the artwork by Dave Matthews $59.99

Fans who Pre-Order Big Whiskey will receive Live Trax Vol. 15: 08.09.08 Alpine Valley Music Theatre, East Troy, WI as a free bonus! To celebrate the release of Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King we are offering a special t in crème and cranberry featuring a design by Dave Matthews which may be bundled in the Pre-Order. Click here to Pre-Order
                  I went with the expensive one. It seems excessive but whatever. I can't take the money with me when I die, right?

Comment

5-part interview with Dave and Carter at MTV News. Carter explains the origin of GrooGrux, among other things. It's cool that the word goes back to the early C'Ville days. I'm hesitant to believe the hype after the promo quotes from Everyday* but I the news songs I've heard so far give me hope.

*Carter actually said he was excited to show up to the studio and have charts to read. WTF. That's like the antithesis of the band. Fucking Ballard.

Comment

So the exclusive iTunes Pass track this week was Shake Me Like a Monkey, the song with that horn intro that kicks you square in the gut. It's fucking awesome.

Comment

The album is very good.

Comment

I am so sad that I haven't even had a chance to sit down and listen to this yet. I should make a point of doing so when Rob is gaming.

Comment

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5052066n

DMB on CBS News this morning.

Comment

Fucking UPS! Hurry up already!

Comment

He was on Fallon last night, and I tried to wake Lesley but instead she grunted and rolled over.
                                "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                                X