Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New DMB album- June 2, 2009. And first Summer '09 tour dates!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's not different from any other night, right? HEYOOOO!

But seriously, she didn't miss anything. They played Funny the Way It Is and Why I Am. Tim was the only one who deviated from the studio cuts. Apparently Fallon is a pretty big fan, though. He seemed extra excited to meet the guys.

Comment

I did enjoy the DMB GPS skit. I just wish Fallon could stay in character a bit better.
      "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

So my awesometacular and fantastical boyfriend bought me the new album. To my surprise, I love it! I wasn't a big fan of some of their most recent stuff, but I am digging this. Plus, it came with a DVD of footage when they were recording the album. Near the end they began speaking of LeRoi and his passing - showed some footage of the day of his death when they played the Staple Center and also a moment when Boyd started crying. It was really touching and I choked up a bit.

Grave -- do you have the recordings from the Staple Center - 08?
        If I were Shé, do you think I'd be operating a taco truck? Shé brings hope. Shé rights the wrongs. Unfortunately, Shé is a myth.

Comment

ACTING!!! BRILLIANT!!!
          You totally killed us, you evil metal dickweeds! - Bill S. Preston

Comment

I bet he made that pillow himself.
            Me quick one want slow

Comment

I'm just going to throw this out there...I want to be on this record.

Originally posted by Lesley View Post
              Grave -- do you have the recordings from the Staple Center - 08?
              Yeah, I do. That show is seriously amazing. They poured everything they were feeling into the music and it shows. It opens with the strongest version of Bartender I've ever heard. Just amazing. Dave talks a lot about Roi throughout the show, too.

I know you guys don't have the cable but you should check smit borrent or maybe the Fuse website for the Road to Big Whiskey documentary (it's four parts). It's really, really good. They don't go as in-depth into the rocky Everyday-through-Stand Up period but overall it's a great look at the band with a lot of unreleased photos and video. The section about Roi's death just wrecked me. I've been in the exact same ATV accident he had (although much less severe, of course).

Comment

Weird.

Comment

That is his Alanis song. That song annoys the shit out of me. Otherwise, *gasp!* I don't hate the new album. Some catchy shit on there.
                  "Looking like Nic Cage dressed in Kurt Cobain's closet. I mean that as a compliment" - BillyG

"Too cunty for wine bars, too dainty for real bars." - Anderson

Comment

Working...
                  X